Author Topic: El Salvador President Takes Stunning Responsibility for the Rio Grande Drownings: ‘They Fled Our Cou  (Read 371 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
El Salvador President Takes Stunning Responsibility for the Rio Grande Drownings: ‘They Fled Our Country. It is Our Fault’
Posted at 6:24 pm on July 3, 2019 by Alex Parker

Here’s something you don’t see every day.
Or…ever.

On Monday, the leader of a country apologized for his place being so messed up.

El Salvador’s new president — Nayib Bukele — took responsibility for the drowning deaths of 25-year-old Òscar Ramirez and his 23-month-old daughter, Valeria. I previously covered the June tragedy — and President Trump’s comments — here.

In an interview published by the BBC, Nayib said it’s his government’s responsibility to make El Savador a safer place where immigration to elsewhere is “an option, not an obligation.”
His surprising remarks:

“People don’t flee their homes because they want to, people flee their homes because they feel they have to. Why? Because they don’t have a job, because they are being threatened by gangs, because they don’t have basic things like water, education, health.”
And then the kicker:

“We can blame any other country but what about our blame? What country did they flee? Did they flee the United States? They fled El Salvador. They fled our country. It is our fault.”

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/2019/07/03/el-salvador-president-takes-stunning-responsibility-for-the-rio-grande-drownings-they-fled-our-country-it-is-our-fault/

I think this guy is going to be someone to watch.  He seems to be sincere.  I listened to an interview with him the other day. (I posted it in a thread).  No doubt that this country has suffered from corrupt government.  No doubt that the family thought they could have a better life in America.  Doesn't make for Asylum claim though.  There wasn't one news story that said they were fleeing violence.  They were just doing what thousands of others do.  Come for the jobs and the freebies.  It must really sound like a dream to them.  Unfortunately we cannot take in the entire world.  And there are many countries where people live under the poverty level.

But I really think this guy is sincere and he wants to make changes in his country for his citizens.  I wish him success and give my prayers to him.

This is the video I posted in another thread.  A interview with Daily Signal.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=El+Salvador%e2%80%99s+new+president+%e2%80%94+Nayib+Bukele+interview&&view=detail&mid=BC8B78B6B6FECD7DA7BEBC8B78B6B6FECD7DA7BE&&FORM=VRDGAR
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 05:40:37 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Bill Mitchell ‏ Verified account
@mitchellvii 2m2 minutes ago

Illegals in detention left slums at home, walked across Mexico in July, lived on the streets, were raped and assaulted by criminals - and we're supposed to feel guilty Trump isn't putting them up in The Ritz? They're lucky he doesn't make them sleep on the streets of SF.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Here's another link to the interview @Chosen Daughter .....  (great find)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udzUInXXAak

Yes, I am all about truth.  I was having a conversation the other day with someone who thought I believed all these people are evil.  No, I don't.  But regardless of sympathy our border is being taken advantage of by people from 52 different countries because you can come and walk right in.  We all know that there is poverty in the world.  And our policies here in America and their poverty in their countries drive them to come.  Our policies that promise them something that sounds like a dream.  And the dream treats them better than it treats our own citizens. 

Regardless of what the left say we have homelessness and poverty right here in America.  And if we continue in the liberal direction we can be assured that our country will be the Venezuela or the El Salvador that the new President wants to leave behind.  But we are pushing forward at record speed to become that poverty stricken country they are leaving.

Oh, and thank you for posting that direct link to the interview.  I have one of Gloria Alvarez that would be a good one too.  She says she doesn't blame the poor people because that would be cruel.  Who would blame them for not turning down what's given?  What is to blame is governments that lead their countries into this poverty and our country in next.  And Trump needs to stand firm and quit bowing down to Nancy and the liberal courts.

Gloria

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=gloria+alvarez+in+english&view=detail&mid=E5F352299DD49C7E7D57E5F352299DD49C7E7D57&FORM=VIRE

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=gloria+alvarez+in+english&&view=detail&mid=65F0181C3C852DA6957665F0181C3C852DA69576&&FORM=VRDGAR

Maybe you could listen and post the video links.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 07:46:05 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.