Author Topic: Don’t let unpatriotic ingrates mar your Fourth of July  (Read 191 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Don’t let unpatriotic ingrates mar your Fourth of July
by Quin Hillyer
 | July 03, 2019 04:27 PM

As this wonderful nation prepares to celebrate Independence Day, please forgive me for expressing a bit of righteous contempt for ungrateful Americans who fail to appreciate the blessings we enjoy by virtue of our nationality.

Yes, I know, “contempt” goes beyond ordinary bounds of journalistic perspective. Even an opinion journalist is supposed to remain somewhat dispassionate. But I’ve had it with the malcontents. I’ve had it with their ignorance. I’ve had it with their lack of gratitude. I’ve had it with their whining and moral purblindness. And I’ve especially had more than enough of their warped values.

Item one: The New York Times is out with a video that appears to be an official, institutional editorial position whose whole point is that the idea the U.S. is “the greatest nation on Earth” is “myth,” because America is really “just okay.” Full essays could be written refuting the video’s tendentious cherry-picking of data, its irrelevancies, and its weirdly snarky sense of glee in letting all of us rubes know that our patriotism is both rube-ish and rubbish. For now, let’s be nice and just say the video woefully misses the vast and verdant rain forest not just for the trees but for the shrubs.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/dont-let-unpatriotic-ingrates-mar-your-fourth-of-july
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34