Author Topic: Omar: 'I don't know' if there's a Democrat that can beat Trump 'yet'  (Read 295 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Omar: 'I don't know' if there's a Democrat that can beat Trump 'yet'
by Mike Brest
 | July 03, 2019 03:17 PM

Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar admitted Wednesday that she's not sure there's a Democratic presidential candidate that could beat President Trump in the election during her appearance on BET's Black Coffee.

Marc Lamont Hill, one of the show's hosts, asked Omar if she had endorsed a presidential candidate yet.

“I have not, and I don’t intend on making an endorsement any time soon. I think it’s a little too early. There is lots of important conversations that need to be had about particular policies," Omar began. "Everybody has ideas that are closely aligned and so it’s within the details often that you get to pick your candidate."

"I think there is also this right — this question of how do we defeat the occupant of the White House? What — what does that policy — what does that process really look like? How do we not only energize our base but also get to the soul of our country and reclaim it?" she continued. "I don’t know if, if we have gotten that, that candidate yet.”

CNN's most recent poll of Democrats or Democrat-leaning independents, released on Tuesday, shows a more level playing field at the top with presidential front-runner Joe Biden seeing a drop in his support from 32% in May to 22%. Sens. Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, and Bernie Sanders are practically locked in a three-way tie behind the former vice president at 17%, 15% and 14% respectively.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/omar-i-dont-know-if-theres-a-democrat-that-can-beat-trump-yet
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Omar: 'I don't know' if there's a Democrat that can beat Trump 'yet'
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 08:40:10 pm »
Way too early to tell.  Let's face it though; those that control the MSM will push the DEM candidate that they want and will do everything that they can to ensure that they win. 

I just hope that the GOP/RNC has put 'systems' in motion to combat the corruption and fraud that we witnessed during the mid terms.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 09:13:06 pm »
So Omar, an enemy of the Constitution isn't pleased with the commies running? I guess she'll wait for an imam to run. And now her endorsement, like the bartender, is sought after? 888mouth
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 04:30:47 am »
Speaking to BET Black Entertainment I think.  I think African Americans will be turned off by the illegal immigrant pandering.  Perhaps she does have an in with Muslims and Somali immigrants in Minnesota.  But American Citizen African Americans should think twice about the illegal immigrant agenda of the left.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 04:59:31 am »
85 Percent of Black Americans Want Less Immigration, 79 Percent of Whites Agree
January 27, 2018 John Whitaker News 1

African Americans are the Racial Group Most Opposed to Immigration
A new Harvard-Harris poll shows that 85 percent of black Americans want a reduction in immigration levels to 1 million or lower.  Also interesting: more Americans favored zero immigration, than wanted to increase immigration levels.

For context, in 2017 over 1.4 million legal immigrants arrived in America, while the number of illegals is unknown.

This means that black Americans—not white as is commonly stated—are the racial group most opposed to immigration.  The Washington Free Beacon summarizes the report’s findings nicely:
The plurality of respondents, 35 percent, think that there should be between 1 and 250,000 legal immigrants arriving to the United States per year. A net 12 percent want to see immigration increased to 1.5 million people per year or more, while nine percent of Americans think that there should be no new legal immigrants.
Plurality preference for between 1 and 250,000 new immigrants a year persists across white, Hispanic, and black Americans, as well as moderates and self-identified Democrats. . .
Americans prefer a system of prioritizing would-be legal immigrants based on their ability to contribute, based on their education and skills, over one based on immigrants having relatives in the United States, 79 to 21 percent. That includes a majority of white (79 percent), Hispanic (72 percent), and black (85 percent) citizens, as well as majorities of Democrats (72 percent), liberals (65 percent),  and Clinton voters (72 percent).

The poll clearly shows that the majority of Americans are against mass immigration, and that support for this crosses racial and ideological lines.

This is somewhat surprising, as the Democratic Party has positioned itself as the “immigration party”, and is absolutely dedicated to preserving the doctrine of “open borders” at any cost.  However, this position seems untenable in the long run—the voter base eventually catches up to the rhetoric, and at that point the Democrats will be finished.

https://nationaleconomicseditorial.com/2018/01/27/black-americans-racial-group-opposed-immigration-85-percent-want-less-immigration/

the only ones wanting illegal immigration are those idiots on the stage at the Democratic Debates.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 05:00:48 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.