Author Topic: Trump says there will be military tanks at Fourth of July event  (Read 1707 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says there will be military tanks at Fourth of July event
By Brett Samuels - 07/01/19 05:33 PM EDT

Trump says there will be military tanks at Fourth of July event
© Getty Images

President Trump said Monday there will be military tanks on display on the National Mall for this week's Independence Day celebration.

"We're going to have some tanks stationed outside," Trump said during a bill signing in the Oval Office. "You've got to be pretty careful with the tanks because the roads have a tendency not to like to carry heavy tanks. So we have to put them in certain areas."

He went on to tout production of tanks at a factory in Lima, Ohio, which he visited earlier this year.

The Washington Post first reported earlier Monday that administration officials were scrambling to fulfill Trump’s request to have tanks or other armored military vehicles incorporated into a “Salute to America” event on Thursday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/451241-trump-says-there-will-be-military-tanks-at-fourth-of-july-event
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump says there will be military tanks at Fourth of July event
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 12:09:29 am »
 :facepalm2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 12:51:46 am »
"We're going to have some tanks stationed outside," Trump said during a bill signing in the Oval Office. "You've got to be pretty careful with the tanks because the roads have a tendency not to like to carry heavy tanks. So we have to put them in certain areas."
That, and the last thing we need is some lefty malcontent trying to turn it into Tiananmen Square redux.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 01:51:13 am »
"You've got to be pretty careful with the tanks because the roads have a tendency not to like to carry heavy tanks so we have to put them in certain areas but we have the brand new Sherman tanks and we have the brand new Abrams tanks," Trump added.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/07/01/politics/tanks-july-4-washington/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Those brand new Shermans from WWII.    *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:52:25 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 01:54:32 am »
military tanks...is there some other kind?... 13859
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 01:58:59 am »
There 's a poll on this site -- what are you doing for the 4th.  I just know I won't be watching this spectacle. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 02:36:35 am »
My town is the site of the largest July 4th Parade, west of the Missiissippi.

We always have lots of participants, including milirary, drills, marching, flyovers, etc..

Only sique phuque #democrats, media and deranged #nevertrumps would be critical of such parades.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 02:41:18 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 03:09:38 am »

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 03:59:33 am »
No sane reason to roll heavy military hardward and personnel out for a July 4th parade.  We aren't Russia, China, or NK.

Also...  how much is the taxpayer having to pay for this little stunt.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 05:15:20 am »
We're not just going to shoot the liberal Rat bastards, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks in the parade on this 4th of July. ... we're going to kick them in the ass; twist their balls and kick the living shit out of them all the time.  America loves a winner. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 07:44:12 am »
Only sique phuque #democrats, media and deranged #nevertrumps would be critical of such parades.

Only dumfuques with ironic screen names think politician + tank has never = ridicule.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 08:50:50 am »
That, and the last thing we need is some lefty malcontent trying to turn it into Tiananmen Square redux.

@jmyrlefuller

I'm not worried about that because any tanks there will be brought in on low-boy trailers and unloaded to become static displays.

What I am wondering about is "Why tanks"? What the hell do tanks have to do with American Independence? There was no such thing during the Revolutionary War. Only rifles,bayonets,pistols,swords,and hunting knives.

I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline thackney

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 12:01:29 pm »

Yep, personal and commercial use!

https://www.drivetanks.com/

(okay, these used to be for military use)

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 07:43:05 pm »
NBC News spotted the tanks in the southeast section of the city on Tuesday, just days before the event.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/tanks-arrive-d-c-trump-s-fourth-july-celebration-n1025786?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Getty images can't be posted here... **nononono*
Support the USO

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 07:52:58 pm »
No sane reason to roll heavy military hardward and personnel out for a July 4th parade.  We aren't Russia, China, or NK.

Also...  how much is the taxpayer having to pay for this little stunt.
@catfish1957

Putin does it, North Korea guy does it, China guy does it, that is why he wants to do it.  He wants total control like they have.

Offline thackney

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 08:02:23 pm »
@catfish1957

Putin does it, North Korea guy does it, China guy does it, that is why he wants to do it.  He wants total control like they have.

Even France and India,

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-military-parade-around-the-world-2018-2#-as-well-as-iran-22
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2019, 08:15:16 pm »
”The tanks would join an airborne display of the nation’s firepower, including a flight of Air Force One over Washington and a performance by the Navy’s Blue Angel jets. Mr. Trump, who will be speaking at the celebration, has requested that the chiefs for the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines be standing next to him as aircraft from each of their services fly overhead and their respective hymns play on loudspeakers.”

https://politicalwire.com/2019/07/01/military-chiefs-will-appear-at-july-4th-event/

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 08:21:17 pm »
I don't care which countries have these parades.  They are still wrong to me.  They evoke memories of dictatorships -- the Soviet Union  and Nazi Germany come to mind. 

And why does this country have to be like others?  Obama always seemed to want this country to be like Europe with its free health care and such.  I always thought being unique is one of the things that makes this country great.  Copying other countries just puts us on a par with the rest.  I don't want the US to be like other countries.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 08:40:47 pm »
Even France and India,

France?  Like anyone notices those surrender monkeys. 

You might like them, but on my taxpaying dime?  Hell No.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 09:09:54 pm »
OMG...why all the butt-hurt??

Every city and small town on the East Coast has a memorial cannon or other antique war machine commemorating that INDEPENDENCE doesn't come without a terrible human cost.

Just across the Potomac River in DC, where Pres. Trump will be speaking on Thursday from the Lincoln Memorial are buried tens of thousands of fellow Americans who gave their lives to protect and maintain our freedom.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 09:15:40 pm »

Every city and small town on the East Coast has a memorial cannon or other antique war machine commemorating that INDEPENDENCE doesn't come without a terrible human cost.

Just across the Potomac River in DC, where Pres. Trump will be speaking on Thursday from the Lincoln Memorial are buried tens of thousands of fellow Americans who gave their lives to protect and maintain our freedom.

@DCPatriot
That's probably right. Our boys came back from WWII to tickertape parades, honoring them for the victory and for their service... I think that's what Tump is getting at, and in that aspect, I sure don't mind it.

Offline edpc

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 09:26:58 pm »

He got the idea, after spending time with Macron and his mom, on Bastille Day.

Trump Tells Pentagon: ‘I Want A Parade Like The One In France’

“It was one of the greatest parades I’ve ever seen. It was two hours on the button, and it was military might, and I think a tremendous thing for France and for the spirit of France.”

“We’re going to have to try to top it.”

https://www.inquisitr.com/4775791/trump-tells-pentagon-i-want-a-parade-like-the-one-in-france/

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 10:57:25 pm »

At least it gives them a chance to try them out in forward gear.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2019, 02:15:42 am »

@DCPatriot

Exactly right.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!