Author Topic: Trump says there will be military tanks at Fourth of July event  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump says there will be military tanks at Fourth of July event
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2019, 02:35:23 am »

He got the idea, after spending time with Macron and his mom, on Bastille Day.   

Sure, the four of them came up with the idea of a parade over tea.   *****rollingeyes*****

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2019, 09:51:03 am »

He got the idea, after spending time with Macron and his mom, on Bastille Day.
Trump Tells Pentagon: ‘I Want A Parade Like The One In France’
“It was one of the greatest parades I’ve ever seen. It was two hours on the button, and it was military might, and I think a tremendous thing for France and for the spirit of France.”
“We’re going to have to try to top it.”

@edpc

Yes, I heard Trump say that yesterday.  It is the French parade he wants to copy and have his bigger than theirs.   Trump is all show - as in "mine is bigger than yours; I'm the biggest in all the world."

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2019, 07:46:44 pm »
First lets get this out of the way, the Tanks will stay on rail cars, and the rail cars will remain on their tracks.  They will not be paraded down the street like a Russia May Day Festival. 

The real damage being caused is by Trumps own mouth. Did he really say new Sherman Tanks?  As much as I want to be supportive of him going into the 2020 election, maybe even getting one of those red MAGA hats, he keeps getting in the way.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2019, 08:02:01 pm »
First lets get this out of the way, the Tanks will stay on rail cars, and the rail cars will remain on their tracks.  They will not be paraded down the street like a Russia May Day Festival. 

The real damage being caused is by Trumps own mouth. Did he really say new Sherman Tanks?  As much as I want to be supportive of him going into the 2020 election, maybe even getting one of those red MAGA hats, he keeps getting in the way.

@NavyCanDo

Well,I know next to nothing about tanks,but I suspect the last time a Sherman tank was in a battle was during the Korean War.  Not that it really matters,WW-2 tanks are all over the place.Every VFW has one sitting outside,so it is no stretch to say the WH can dig up a few if they really need to have them.

Truthfully,when Trump is just running his mouth like that,I don't think he gives a damn about petty details. IMHO,it is the "Big Picture" he is looking at,and he most likely formed his "Independence Day Big Picture" when he was a kid,and it involved Sherman tanks.

I also seriously think that he doesn't give a damn about random verbal details because he figured out long ago he can make verbal screw-ups,and his opponents focus on that and trying to imply he is stupid,while he is going along and doing what he intended on doing all along,and they aren't even paying any attention to it until it is done.

Verbal misdirection.

Even if that isn't a part of his strategy,it might as well be because it works for him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline berdie

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2019, 08:42:32 pm »
This is much press generated ado about nothing imho. It's not the first time. And it really doesn't matter.

I love the military.  If I could afford one, I would park a tank in my front yard. :rolling:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2019, 08:45:31 pm »
@NavyCanDo
@sneakypete

After the details of the vehicles emerged, it’s obvious he meant the Bradley, when he said Sherman tank. It’s just another verbal gaffe he made, like Marilyn Lockheed, Tim Apple, and Mike Bolton. He does them with such frequency, you have to wonder if he’s just really dumb or has something else going on.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2019, 08:59:28 pm »
@NavyCanDo
@sneakypete

After the details of the vehicles emerged, it’s obvious he meant the Bradley, when he said Sherman tank. It’s just another verbal gaffe he made, like Marilyn Lockheed, Tim Apple, and Mike Bolton. He does them with such frequency, you have to wonder if he’s just really dumb or has something else going on.
I've come to the conclusion that he makes these "mistakes" deliberately. Every tweet seems to have one misspelled word or malapropism. It just seems like they're planted there just to see if they get a rise out of people, and they usually do. Plus I seem to recall there being another reason he does it, so as to look more relatable to the common man. It's the most twisted, mangled-up PR strategy I've ever seen, but it works.

The Sherman tank is embedded in popular American culture as the standard for indestructible durability. Very few civilians, on the other hand, recognize the name "Bradley tank."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2019, 09:09:28 pm »
I've come to the conclusion that he makes these "mistakes" deliberately. Every tweet seems to have one misspelled word or malapropism. It just seems like they're planted there just to see if they get a rise out of people, and they usually do. Plus I seem to recall there being another reason he does it, so as to look more relatable to the common man. It's the most twisted, mangled-up PR strategy I've ever seen, but it works.

The Sherman tank is embedded in popular American culture as the standard for indestructible durability. Very few civilians, on the other hand, recognize the name "Bradley tank."

@jmyrlefuller

It also distracts his opponents from the things he's doing that he does care about. When you are dealing with wheelers and dealers that have egos the size of the solar system and are slicker than snot,it doesn't hurt to have them underestimate your intelligence. The stupider they think you are,the easier it is to get to them to pay attention to your gaffes than it is to the details of the deal you are working,and once they become aware that you slicked them,they are too embarrassed to tell anybody how you did it for fear of looking stupid themselves.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2019, 09:23:09 pm »

Probably because it’s not a tank, it’s an infantry fighting vehicle. As for his misstatements, they aren’t by design. You could tell, during the Mueller investigation ‘oranges, origins’ video that he said it incorrectly, twice, uses a different word, then comes back to it. Additionally, the teleprompter gaffes haven’t been on purpose. I really don’t think he meant to tell jokes at the values summit, to tweak the media, when he said people were working to fight for the ‘furniture and future’ of their children. He’s just a dope.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2019, 09:23:50 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

It also distracts his opponents from the things he's doing that he does care about. When you are dealing with wheelers and dealers that have egos the size of the solar system and are slicker than snot,it doesn't hurt to have them underestimate your intelligence. The stupider they think you are,the easier it is to get to them to pay attention to your gaffes than it is to the details of the deal you are working,and once they become aware that you slicked them,they are too embarrassed to tell anybody how you did it for fear of looking stupid themselves.

@sneakypete

To quote somebody you can't stand, "They misunderestimate me."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2019, 09:43:06 pm »

Frankly...he reminds me of my Dad who I used to call Mr. Malaprop.  Doesn't mean he is stupid...he uses wrong words or gets things muddled.

My Dad had a radio show that specialized in old music. He introduced a song"A Good Man is hard to Find" as "A Hard Man Is Good To Find".

I still laugh about that...and I can see Trump doing something similar.

Offline edpc

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2019, 09:51:55 pm »
Sure, the four of them came up with the idea of a parade over tea.   *****rollingeyes*****

He even said so, in the quote from the story, linked in my post, you <Nope>.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 10:22:54 pm by Cyber Liberty »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2019, 10:13:08 pm »
Trump is the first presidential candidate in a long time to go to Iowa and not pose for the camera in a field coat and jeans, like some focused group, polished politician would. Tells me he is who he is—no excuses, no phoniness, no pandering for votes. Genuine.

But, as far as his putting his own touches on an Independence Day celebration—well, just part of who he is: an old school patriot. Hand over heart, choking back a lump in the throat at the National anthem. And that, I get.

Considering the recent outrageous acts of the anti-American Left, this event could end up being the biggest in memory, as regular patriotic Americans show up to support America in these politically troubled times.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 10:18:27 pm by aligncare »

Offline edpc

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2019, 10:29:21 pm »
Trump is the first presidential candidate in a long time to go to Iowa and not pose for the camera in a field coat and jeans, like some focused group, polished politician would. Tells me he is who he is—no excuses, no phoniness, no pandering for votes. Genuine.

What a terrible example. He lost the primary caucus and his approval rating has plummeted 22 points, in Iowa, since he took office. His tariff war with China, along with the spring flooding, is putting the state in jeopardy for 2020. He was just there, promoting year round ethanol blend sales and pandering for support. They’re seeing his true side, alright.

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump/

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2019/06/11/trump-touts-ethanol-victory-but-iowans-say-waivers-undermine-gains/1421255001/