Author Topic: Canada takes garbage back from Philippines, ending long dispute  (Read 337 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Canada takes garbage back from Philippines, ending long dispute
[AFP]Alia Dharssi
,AFP•June 29, 2019

Vancouver (AFP) - Tonnes of Canadian garbage left in the Philippines for years arrived back home Saturday, putting an end to a festering diplomatic row that highlighted how Asian nations have grown tired of being the world's trash dump.

A cargo vessel loaded with about 69 containers of rubbish docked in a port on the outskirts of Vancouver, according to an AFP reporter at the scene.

The trash will be incinerated at a waste-to-energy facility, local officials said.

Read more at: https://news.yahoo.com/canada-takes-garbage-back-philippines-ending-long-dispute-143051076.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Canada takes garbage back from Philippines, ending long dispute
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 07:41:43 am »
After months in the tropical heat, those containers should be opened by robots....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 09:49:36 pm »
Sounds like something out of "Alice's Restaurant"...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 09:01:30 am »
Sounds like something out of "Alice's Restaurant"...
Without the 27 8X10 full color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis