Author Topic: Student, 21, killed by THREE tiger sharks while snorkelling with iconic wild pigs in the Bahamas in  (Read 351 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Student, 21, killed by THREE tiger sharks while snorkelling with iconic wild pigs in the Bahamas in front of her screaming parents
Jacob Dirnhuber
    27 Jun 2019, 8:31
    Updated: 27 Jun 2019, 15:12

A US holidaymaker has died after being savaged by THREE sharks while diving in the Bahamas.

Tragic Jordan Lindsey, 21, from California, was snorkelling with Rose Island's swimming pigs when she was cornered by the trio of tiger sharks.

Dad Michael watched on in horror as the fearsome tiger sharks tore off her right arm before taking chunks out of each leg.

Read more at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9383639/tourist-killed-sharks-bahamas-jordan-lindsey/

Swimming pigs, I had to do some research and that appears to be what they have there.  Maybe some know of this, I certainly did not.  And yes, it appears they are pigs, I was thinking, maybe they meant some sort of creature in the water who were nicknamed pigs but no, it sounds like the squealy little animals that we know of.

Can you swim with the pigs in Nassau?

The answer used to be no, until now! If you’re staying at Atlantis, Baha Mar, AirBnB or anywhere on Nassau, in a quick 25 minute cruise up to Rose Island, the answer is yes! We’re all waiting for you! *

https://www.sandytoesbahamas.com/swimming-pigs/

A great tragedy, the poor young lady didn't deserve this. She was there with her family.  Were there no warning signs? Maybe something like this had never happened before.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I'd rather swim with the dolphins...

Offline roamer_1

I'd rather swim with the dolphins...

I'd rather swim with trout.

No sharks, no gators, thank you very much.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
How odd. No attacks in 10 years, ignore the pigs, go for the girl.
The Republic is lost.

Bill Cipher

How odd. No attacks in 10 years, ignore the pigs, go for the girl.

Perhaps they preferred “long pig”?