Author Topic: Mueller’s ‘Reluctant Witness’ Pose Is Another Impeachment Ploy  (Read 243 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mueller’s ‘Reluctant Witness’ Pose Is Another Impeachment Ploy
I & I Editorial Board

I&I Editorial

Twenty-eight days after former Special Counsel Robert Mueller declared that he had nothing more to say about the results of his 2-year investigation into President Trump, he unreservedly agreed to testify before Congress. It almost seems as though his playing coy was just part of some broader impeachment strategy.

In his statement at the conclusion of his investigation on May 29, Mueller said: “I do not believe it is appropriate for me to speak further about the investigation or to comment on the actions of the Justice Department or Congress. And it’s for that reason I will not be taking questions today, as well.”

In case the meaning was lost on anybody, he stated that “the report is my testimony.”

That’s what he claimed, anyway. But in that very statement, he went beyond the report, adding new impeachment bait by stating that the only reason he didn’t pursue an obstruction charge was that he couldn’t prosecute Trump while he’s in office.

Former prosecutor Andrew McCarthy of National Review called it an explosive statement, that “runs against what we had heard up until now … that the Office of Legal Council guidance was the reason why they didn’t make a decision about obstruction.”

So let’s review.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2019/06/27/muellers-reluctant-witness-pose-is-another-impeachment-ploy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No doubt that is what is behind the subpoena and Mueller's willingness to testify.

Offline berdie

I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.