Author Topic: After a Lawsuit, Los Angeles County Begins to Clean Up Its Voter Rolls  (Read 396 times)

rangerrebew

After a Lawsuit, Los Angeles County Begins to Clean Up Its Voter Rolls

Fred Lucas   June 24, 2019 / 44 Comments

President Donald Trump cited a Los Angeles County legal settlement as evidence of improper voting in California, as the state’s largest jurisdiction moves to clean up its voter rolls.

Los Angeles County began sending notices to inactive voters as part of a settlement of a 2017 federal lawsuit with watchdog groups and county residents who had sued over voters on the rolls who have moved, died, or are otherwise ineligible.

The county will send as many as 1.5 million notices to voters who haven’t cast ballots in the past two federal elections, according to Judicial Watch, one of the litigants, which was notified of the plans last week. 

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/06/24/after-a-lawsuit-los-angeles-county-begins-to-clean-up-its-voter-rolls/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=after-a-lawsuit-los-angeles-county-begins-to-clean-up-its-voter-rolls?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I may believe it when I see it. :chairbang:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

@rangerrebew
@Cyber Liberty

Will write about voter "Suspense"  list every county has.
Prissy is at the groomer and have to get her, come back, before I can write this.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:17:21 pm by Victoria33 »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@rangerrebew
@Cyber Liberty

Will write about voter "Suspense"  list every county has.
Prissy is at the groomer and have to get her, come back, before I can write this.

@Victoria33

Will see you when you get back.  I think states like Cali are far more permissive about their voting than Texas.  Cheating has been rampant in CA for a long time, like when Mrs. Liberty worked the Polls there.  This was before "Motor Voter," so I assume it's a lot worse now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

Texas calls this list, the "Suspense List".  California list is called the "Inactive List".
Each county has such a list and names are put on by certain criteria that tells the county registrar that voter is no longer a voter there and the name stays on the Suspense/Inactive list for a set period of time, then the name is removed.  It sounds like Los Angeles county has been lax about weeding out voters that are no longer there for some reason - which is usually moved or died. 

I looked up the California Election Code and here is their criteria for putting a name on the Inactive List and when the name is removed.  It is similar to the Texas law for the removal of a voter name.

California Code, Elections Code - ELEC § 2226
a) Based on change-of-address information received pursuant to Sections 2220 to 2225 , inclusive, or change-of-address information provided directly by the voter, the county elections official shall take the following actions as appropriate:
(1) If the information indicates the voter has moved to a new residence address in California, the county elections official shall immediately update the voter's registration.
(2) If the mailings have been returned as undeliverable, or if the voter fails to confirm his or her address as required by Section 2224 , the county elections official may place the voter's name on the inactive file of registered voters who do not receive election materials and are not included in calculations to determine the number of signatures required for qualification of candidates and measures, precinct size, or other election administration-related processes.

(b) The voter registration of any voter whose name has been placed on the inactive file of registered voters for failure to respond to an address verification mailing required by Section 2225 , and who does not offer to vote or vote at any election between the date of the mailing and two federal general elections after the date of that mailing, may be canceled.

(c) Any voter whose name has been placed on the inactive file of registered voters and offers to vote at any election between the date of the verification notice, and two federal general elections after the date of notice, or who notifies the elections official of a continued residency, shall be removed from the inactive file and placed on the active voter file.

(d) All address updates, cancellations, and inactive transactions made to the voter registration file pursuant to this section shall be reflected on the voter list as required by Section 2191 .

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Victoria33

It would appear Cali is ignoring their own laws, which is not particularly odd for them. 

How's Pris?  I'll bet she looks like a little doll right now!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33
It would appear Cali is ignoring their own laws, which is not particularly odd for them. 
How's Pris?  I'll bet she looks like a little doll right now!
@Cyber Liberty

She is beautiful with a pink/yellow bow in her hair.  The groomer ritual is this:
After she is done at the groomer, we stop by McDonald's drive in near the groomer, and get her a quarter pounder, just the meat, in a box.  It is $1.62.  When we get home, I cut up half of it and she eats it right then. Drinks water, and goes to bed in her pink cushioned bed.  If you were our dog, you would get the same treat.  Interested?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

She is beautiful with a pink/yellow bow in her hair.  The groomer ritual is this:
After she is done at the groomer, we stop by McDonald's drive in near the groomer, and get her a quarter pounder, just the meat, in a box.  It is $1.62.  When we get home, I cut up half of it and she eats it right then. Drinks water, and goes to bed in her pink cushioned bed.  If you were our dog, you would get the same treat.  Interested?

Pink cushions, eh?   :pondering:
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

@Victoria33

It would appear Cali is ignoring their own laws, which is not particularly odd for them.  ...

(2) If the mailings have been returned as undeliverable, or if the voter fails to confirm his or her address as required by Section 2224 , the county elections official may place the voter's name on the inactive file of registered voters who do not receive election materials and are not included in calculations to determine the number of signatures required for qualification of candidates and measures, precinct size, or other election administration-related processes.

I suspect this is not always done.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer