Author Topic: Trump announces new sanctions against Iran as tensions escalate  (Read 343 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump announces new sanctions against Iran as tensions escalate
By Tal Axelrod - 06/22/19 03:27 PM EDT

President Trump announced his administration will slap new sanctions against Iran as tensions between Washington and Tehran mount.

“Iran cannot have Nuclear Weapons! Under the terrible Obama plan, they would have been on their way to Nuclear in a short number of years, and existing verification is not acceptable. We are putting major additional Sanctions on Iran on Monday,” Trump tweeted Saturday.

“I look forward to the day that Sanctions come off Iran, and they become a productive and prosperous nation again - The sooner the better!”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/449862-trump-announces-new-sanctions-against-iran-as-tensions-escalate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Trump announces new sanctions against Iran as tensions escalate
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 08:23:47 pm »
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/22/trump-on-iran-tensions-we-want-to-be-proportionate.html

The president indicated he was open to negotiating with Iran.

“We could have a deal with them very quickly if they want to do it, it’s up to them,” Trump said. “But if Iran wants to become a wealthy nation again, become a prosperous nation, we’ll call it, let’s make Iran great again.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 08:25:36 pm »
Yadda, yadda, yadda.  Let's see if he follows through, or walks this threat back as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 08:42:33 pm »
https://www.vox.com/world/2019/6/22/18713370/iran-warnings-us-donald-trump-new-sanctions

“They’re not going to have a nuclear weapon,” Trump said. “We’re not going to have Iran have a nuclear weapon. When they agree to that, they’re going to have a wealthy country. They’re going to be so happy, and I’m going to be their best friend. I hope that happens.”

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 08:48:01 pm »
“I look forward to the day that Sanctions come off Iran, and they become a productive and prosperous nation again - The sooner the better!”

All that means is more money for funding terrorism.

Idiot.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 08:50:34 pm »
Yadda, yadda, yadda.  Let's see if he follows through, or walks this threat back as well.

I'm glad he walked that last one back.

We're seeing the "Heads I win, tails you lose" arguments at work here.  Trump decides to strike Iran?  Bad!  He decides not to?  Bad!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 09:18:31 pm »

All that means is more money for funding terrorism.

Idiot.

Absolutely.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 09:28:02 pm »
I'm glad he walked that last one back.

We're seeing the "Heads I win, tails you lose" arguments at work here.  Trump decides to strike Iran?  Bad!  He decides not to?  Bad!!

There’s never a good time for it, but dealing with them is inevitable. They’ve been getting more audacious over the last decade. Thanks to an ill-advised CIA op, almost 2 decades ago, they have plans for a warhead. My guess is the Norks have been their outsource group, making it functional. He’s can kicking, to avoid upsetting the economy, similar to what Clinton did, during his administration. That’s what gave us 9/11.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 10:38:35 pm »

There’s never a good time for it, but dealing with them is inevitable. They’ve been getting more audacious over the last decade. Thanks to an ill-advised CIA op, almost 2 decades ago, they have plans for a warhead. My guess is the Norks have been their outsource group, making it functional. He’s can kicking, to avoid upsetting the economy, similar to what Clinton did, during his administration. That’s what gave us 9/11.

The bombing of the U.S.S. Cole and Clinton doing nothing was an indirect invitation to what happened on 9/11. Clinton was ready to go after Bin Laden and called it off. Eerily Iran just shot down a U.S. drone ... Trump keeps threatening and does nothing. 

Trump may have gained some respect around the world, but his lack of action may be seen as weak and other countries may decide to call his bluff.

What is even much more worrisome is the fact that we have illegals coming in by the hundreds of thousand from 50 different countries.  It's not going to take long for a terrorist group(s) to make their way through and plant themselves in strategic locations through the U.S.  IMHO the next attack on this country could make 9/11 look pale in comparison.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.