Author Topic: Trump delays ICE raids two weeks to see if Congress can 'work out a solution'  (Read 6548 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump delays operation to deport migrant families
By Tal Axelrod - 06/22/19 03:08 PM EDT

President Trump announced he would delay for two weeks an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) operation that would have deported as many as 2,000 migrant families.

Trump said the delay would allow for negotiations on Capitol Hill regarding immigration reform.

“At the request of Democrats, I have delayed the Illegal Immigration Removal Process (Deportation) for two weeks to see if the Democrats and Republicans can get together and work out a solution to the Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border. If not, Deportations start!” Trump tweeted.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/449859-trump-delays-operation-to-deport-migrant-families
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Delays ICE’s 10-City Immigration Raids for Two Weeks
https://www.breitbart.com/news/trump-delays-ices-10-city-immigration-raids-for-two-weeks/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

Here we go again!!   9999hair out0000  Who does he think he's kidding???  Work out a solution with Congress???  Every darn time that I think Trump just may be making some progress he walks it back ...time and time again.   It's getting old and it's getting to the point that EVERY thing he says lately you can almost bet, he's not going to follow through; the wall, deportations, Mexico tariffs, Iran, etc.

Is he becoming a very, very ineffective hollow drum?

Trump delays ICE raids two weeks to see if Congress can 'work out a solution'

President Donald Trump announced Saturday that he's delaying for two weeks US Immigration and Customs Enforcement raids that were planned to take place Sunday in 10 major US cities, saying deportations will proceed unless Congress finds a solution on the US-Mexico border.
The President's move follows criticism from the cities' mayors and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi among others.
"At the request of Democrats, I have delayed the Illegal Immigration Removal Process (Deportation) for two weeks to see if the Democrats and Republicans can get together and work out a solution to the Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border,'" Trump said on Twitter Saturday. "If not, Deportations start!"........

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/22/politics/ice-raids-sunday-10-cities-donald-trump-defends-arrests/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I have delayed the Illegal Immigration Removal Process (Deportation) for two weeks to see if the Democrats and Republicans can get together and work out a solution to the Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border,'" Trump said on Twitter Saturday. "If not, Deportations start!"...

Whether they come up with a solution isn’t relevant. There are illegals that still need to be deported. Almost sounds like he’s open to amnesty.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I have delayed the Illegal Immigration Removal Process (Deportation) for two weeks to see if the Democrats and Republicans can get together and work out a solution to the Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border,'" Trump said on Twitter Saturday. "If not, Deportations start!"...

Whether they come up with a solution isn’t relevant. There are illegals that still need to be deported. Almost sounds like he’s open to amnesty.

Exactly right.  This isn't supposed to be some kind of bargaining chip, it should be done because it needs to be done.

What an effing shitshow this is turning out to be....

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exactly right.  This isn't supposed to be some kind of bargaining chip, it should be done because it needs to be done.

What an effing shitshow this is turning out to be....

He looks weak and indecisive especially coming after his backing down on Iran
Support the USO

Offline EdJames

He looks weak and indecisive especially coming after his backing down on Iran

He looks like some kind of unprincipled fool that thinks being President is some kind of "Let's Make a Deal!" game....

**nononono*

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He looks weak and indecisive especially coming after his backing down on Iran.

An argument can be made for the Iran decision being disproportionate (I disagree), but this doesn’t make a lot of sense. All I can figure is that somehow, they’ll try to spin this as similar to the tariff threat against Mexico, bringing Congress to negotiations. Nevertheless, there are still a number of people that require deportation, as I stated before.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

Just in the last few months we've seen a backtrack on closing the border by announcing they got a year reprieve to fix it, 5 weeks later the 5% tariff threat, precluding with a nothing of substance treaty of some sort.  He then signs the Border Money Bill congress hands him which does nothing to fix the problem.  Now the backtrack on Deportations. 
   This is the Chamber and his Liberal advisors (family) influence on him.   

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
 ****sheep****

Does he think he is going to pull this bull crap until the next election?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EdJames

****sheep****

Does he think he is going to pull this bull crap until the next election?

If he does he is going to see his base fall by the wayside....

A large portion of people voted for him specifically for his promises on the wall and deportations....   talk about letting them down....

Offline skeeter

That'd definitely be a deal breaker. For me and many like me.

Offline Chosen Daughter

A large portion of people voted for him specifically for his promises on the wall and deportations....   talk about letting them down....

Bigly.  Not just letting us down but allowing an invasion.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

I don't have a problem with playing negotiating games. They often work. I didn't have a problem with his refusing to bomb Iran because they destroyed some of our hardware.

But I DO have a BIG problem with him using a no-brainer like deporting people who have disregarded a judges order to leave as a bargaining chip. They, at the very least, need to GO no if ands or buts.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Bigly.  Not just letting us down but allowing an invasion.

You have a lot of effing nerve, @Chosen Daughter

Remember? You didn't vote for him.  "He's not my president..."

Stuff it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chosen Daughter

I don't have a problem with playing negotiating games. They often work. I didn't have a problem with his refusing to bomb Iran because they destroyed some of our hardware.

But I DO have a BIG problem with him using a no-brainer like deporting people who have disregarded a judges order to leave as a bargaining chip. They, at the very least, need to GO no if ands or buts.

What would be an "art of the deal" negotiation would be to simply start the deportations and have Nancy get in touch after "millions" are being deported.  Then maybe she will be ready to secure the border.

Offline corbe

Sure seems to be a lot of waffling coming out of the Administration lately, more so than usual.  Is there another power struggle going on amongst his top advisors, again?  Mulvaney about to go, like Ron and Kelley before him?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

Exactly correct.

Back in the 80's we had the military capability to literally drop a missile right down a chimney stack.

Today, we can obliterate from orbit.

There's nothing wrong with using this tactic...in fact, it's kind of magnanimous.  LOL! 

You don't want people judged already for deportation?   Fine...sit at the GD table and iron it out.

The DEMS will never realize they're subjects in some 2020 campaign video spot.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You have a lot of effing nerve, @Chosen Daughter

Remember? You didn't vote for him.  "He's not my president..."

Stuff it.

Come on...that isn't how it works..he is POTUS and subject to criticism no matter if you voted for him or not.
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

Exactly correct.

Back in the 80's we had the military capability to literally drop a missile right down a chimney stack.

Today, we can obliterate from orbit.

There's nothing wrong with using this tactic...in fact, it's kind of magnanimous.  LOL! 

You don't want people judged already for deportation?   Fine...sit at the GD table and iron it out.

The DEMS will never realize they're subjects in some 2020 campaign video spot.

That’s fine DC but at some point he’s gotta do what has to be done.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is all we heard for two weeks and now we learn it was just a bargaining chip...I feel sorry for ICE being used like this.
Support the USO

Offline rustynail

I'm getting whiplash.  I'd better call Saul.

Offline libertybele

He's counting on being able to keep his base because the DEMS are worse (?).  Well, I think he's miscalculated his voting base - OR - as I've said before, this may have been his plan all along. It could be that he had not intention of closing the border or building a wall; he was inserted into the '16 election for one reason and that was to take out Ted Cruz.

He's great at speaking at his rallies and telling the crowd what they want to hear.  I admit his last rally was great ... and I had climbed aboard the Trump Reality Railroad.  That may be very short lived, because what he says and what he does keeps turning out to be two different things and that doesn't appear to be on just the border but everything that he's been saying lately.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

That’s fine DC but at some point he’s gotta do what has to be done.

I totally agree with you, @skeeter

His tactics are getting predictable.   

So far, he's batting 1.000, but IMO, tariffs and judicial mandates regarding deportation of certain illegal aren't the same.

Offline DCPatriot

Come on...that isn't how it works..he is POTUS and subject to criticism no matter if you voted for him or not.

That's not my point, @mystery-ak   I have no problem with somebody criticizing the President.

She forfeited her right to bitch when she decided to vote for Hillary Clinton.