Author Topic: Trump: 'I think I win the election easier' if Democrats launch impeachment proceedings  (Read 295 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: 'I think I win the election easier' if Democrats launch impeachment proceedings
By Brett Samuels - 06/21/19 06:37 PM EDT

President Trump said Friday he believes he will have an easier path to re-election if House Democrats go forward with impeachment proceedings.

Trump was asked during an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press" if he thinks impeachment is "good politics" for him.

"I think I win the election easier," Trump said, referring to 2020. "But, you know, I'm not sure that I like having it."

The president added that he believes Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has held off on calls for impeachment from within her caucus because "she feels that I will win much easier."

Trump asserted that he "did nothing wrong" and that he was the victim of illegal activity. He reiterated his longstanding allegation that his campaign was "spied on," which is the subject of an ongoing investigation by Attorney General William Barr.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/449803-trump-i-think-i-win-the-election-easier-if-Democrats-launch-impeachment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I say let's find out.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I say let's find out.

The one thing you have posted in a long time I can say you are spot on about.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.