Author Topic: Pelosi tells Trump: No 'hostilities' with Iran unless Congress approves  (Read 371 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi tells Trump: No 'hostilities' with Iran unless Congress approves
By Aris Folley - 06/21/19 02:13 PM EDT

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Friday emphasized that U.S. military action against Iran "must not be initiated" without congressional approval, after President Trump approved and then reversed a decision to strike Iran over the downing of a U.S. drone this week.

Pelosi told reporters that she was not notified by officials of the president's decision on Thursday to approve the military strike when she and other congressional leaders went to the White House for a briefing that day.

“We left with the idea that the president was going to consider some options,” Pelosi told reporters on Friday. “I did not receive any heads-up that there was a strike that was in the works.”

“Maybe the other leaders did on the Republican side, but I did not receive any of that,” she added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/449746-pelosi-on-aborted-iran-strike-hostilities-must-not-be-initiated-without-the
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Not your call, Nancy.

They attack, we smash.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Pelosi is goading Trump into attacking.  I wish I had faith Trump could control himself, but Iran also knows Trump is scared to respond with the elections looming.  They will push the envelope further.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 03:12:16 am by Once-Ler »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Pelosi is goading Trump into attacking.  I wish I had faith Trump could control himself, but Iran also knows Trump is scared to respond with the elections looming.  They will push the envelope further.

You have no faith in Trump.  You have no faith in anything as I recall.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yep, but a big victory in Iran would boost Trump and the GOP.
BTW, Obama dropped cruise missiles on half the world, overthrew Islamic governments in M.E., and shipped arms everywhere trying to install his brothers in the Muslim Brotherhood as rulers of many nations.
I don't think Obama even knew there was a Congress, or how to contact them even if he wanted to.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Yep, but a big victory in Iran would boost Trump and the GOP.

I don't think it would.  I think it would be received as cynically as Clinton bombing the aspirin factory in Sudan during the Lewinsky scandal.  I like the fact that Trump is hesitant to escalate tensions in the ME.  I think a lot of voters are leery of war.

BTW, Obama dropped cruise missiles on half the world, overthrew Islamic governments in M.E., and shipped arms everywhere trying to install his brothers in the Muslim Brotherhood as rulers of many nations.
I don't think Obama even knew there was a Congress, or how to contact them even if he wanted to.

I assume you disapproved of Obama for that.  I did.  Obama's suck does not make Trump suck less.