Author Topic: US Navy refuses to drop war crime charges against Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher  (Read 691 times)

rangerrebew

US Navy refuses to drop war crime charges against Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher

Jun. 21, 2019 - 2:08 - Fellow Navy SEAL tells courtroom he killed ISIS fighter, not Gallagher; Aishah Hasnie reports.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6050738253001/#sp=show-clips
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 11:20:24 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Rivergirl

If our esteemed president hadn't dangled the promise of pardons these ugly episodes would have remained in the military courts rather than exposed to the entire world.
These revelations do  nothing to protect our men and women troops around the world, rather they are put in further danger.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Medic stuns navy Seal murder trial by saying he killed wounded Isis fighter, not the accused

Medic Corey Scott was called by prosecutors to testify at the military trial of special operations chief Edward Gallagher, who is accused of murdering a teenage militant in Iraq.

But while he did say Mr Gallagher plunged a knife into the boy after treating him for wounds, the medic unexpectedly took the blame for the killing, claiming he suffocated him afterwards.

[snip]

A prosecutor accused Mr Scott of lying, claiming he had told investigators a different story several times and changed it only after he was granted immunity and ordered to testify.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/medic-stuns-navy-seal-murder-101800016.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If our esteemed president hadn't dangled the promise of pardons these ugly episodes would have remained in the military courts rather than exposed to the entire world.
These revelations do  nothing to protect our men and women troops around the world, rather they are put in further danger.

If our warfighters didn't have to try and do their jobs with JAG officers hanging around their necks 24/7/365 we MIGHT actually make some progress!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Oh cmon. Trump didn’t publicize this. The anti military left wing media did.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Why would we want what appears to be a clear case of a miscarriage of justice to be hidden?  I'm not sure what you are suggesting.

Offline Rivergirl

A history lesson is in order.  During the second world war, Germans treated US prisoners in the most barbaric ways.  Ditto the Japanese.    At the end of the war our captured German prisoners wanted to remain in the US.
Do you have any understanding of the Geneva Conventions or the universal rules of engagement?
It's no wonder there are so many supporters of this president here on TBR.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
A history lesson is in order.  During the second world war, Germans treated US prisoners in the most barbaric ways.  Ditto the Japanese.    At the end of the war our captured German prisoners wanted to remain in the US.
Do you have any understanding of the Geneva Conventions or the universal rules of engagement?

Who are you addressing this to, @Rivergirl?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
A history lesson is in order.  During the second world war, Germans treated US prisoners in the most barbaric ways.  Ditto the Japanese.  At the end of the war our captured German prisoners wanted to remain in the US. Do you have any understanding of the Geneva Conventions or the universal rules of engagement? It's no wonder there are so many supporters of this president here on TBR.

Members of terrorist organizations or not covered under the Geneva Convention. They are unlawful enemy combatants, like the Taliban and al-Qaeda. They have no standing.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/01/columns/fl.dorf.combatants.01.23/index.html?related
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Members of terrorist organizations or not covered under the Geneva Convention. They are unlawful enemy combatants, like the Taliban and al-Qaeda. They have no standing.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/01/columns/fl.dorf.combatants.01.23/index.html?related
@Rivergirl @Sang
@edpc

Yet often we accord "good treatment" to captives nonetheless, even when not technically required to do so.

Examples: many/most at Guantanamo.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

In your quest for Real History maybe you should dig a little bit deeper. During WWII atrocities in the field were committed on all sides, including our own. True, certain parties were worse at complying with accepted conventions than others, the Japanese, for example.

But its just the way war is. You don't prosecute someone who volunteers to fight them for you.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 08:47:16 pm by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

You want a history lesson?  I'll give you one!  On second thought, my father, a WWII South Pacific Marine, and my three Atlantic theater service uncles wouldn't waste their time telling you "Thank God they didn't have to fight under the restrictions the warfighters of today face."

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

Restrictions as in Political Correctness, harassment by members of congress and the media, the ACLU, and lack of support from the public for a start?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is starting to look more personal than legal.

Am I the only one wondering whose "important toes" this SEAL Chief stepped on in the past?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
This is starting to look more personal than legal.

Am I the only one wondering whose "important toes" this SEAL Chief stepped on in the past?

Probably got is some JAG officer's face at some point would be my guess.

- J. R. R. Tolkien