Author Topic: Court delivers blow to Planned Parenthood by allowing Title X abortion restrictions  (Read 294 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Big take down of Planned Parenthood, this could go in politics. This was reported on the national news, this means the $70 million the admin trimmed from PP stays away from them.
Court delivers blow to Planned Parenthood by allowing Title X abortion restrictions
Valerie Richardson

A federal appeals court delivered a setback Thursday to Planned Parenthood by lifting injunctions on the Trump administration’s rule prohibiting family-planning funds for facilities that perform or support abortions.

The ruling by a three-judge panel of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals said that keeping in place the injunctions issued by California, Oregon and Washington would force the Department of Health and Human Services to violate its interpretation of federal law.

“Absent a stay, HHS will be forced to allow taxpayer dollars to be spent in a manner that it has concluded violates the law, as well as the Government’s important policy interest in ensuring that taxpayer dollars do not go to fund or subsidize abortions,” the judges said in a 3-0 opinion.

Read more at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jun/20/court-allows-title-x-abortion-restrictions/

So, Repub Presidents were able to stop International Planned Parenthood funding with the Mexico City policy, this is something different. I don't think a Prez has done this previously.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You can legitimately add this to the list of President Trump's accomplishments.  :beer:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
You can legitimately add this to the list of President Trump's accomplishments.  :beer:

Yes, I agree.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.