Author Topic: Roy Moore says he will run for Senate in Alabama  (Read 7531 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Roy Moore says he will run for Senate in Alabama
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2019, 03:38:52 pm »
At one time you put up your real picture here at TBR... Nice looking fellow you are (said in a non-gay way from me)..... Got your teeth and hair, probable a decent derriere (again in a non-gay meaning from me, all guys are ugly to me).... stick with me, I don't do parables often cause I suck at them.

If you ran for position of "Stud of the Briefing Room" (No Corbe, don't make a poll), You would probable be odds on favorite to win (especially with me as competition)....

Now, suddenly a few folks from TOS decide they want you out of the race and say horrible lies about you from 30 years ago... and Myst joins in the fray and says "if you did this and that, you should drop out of the contest and shave your head and never enter another contest"... I join in (because I want to win, never had an uglier fellow with this chance in TBR history to win and I am certainly going to go all out to dominate this contest)...

How do you fight against such odds... everyone is against you... Even your own here at TBR suddenly throw you under the rug because it is suddenly cool to do so. Heck some billionaire has hired folks to make fake accounts to say you are a Russian who wears a wigs.... Some Night Show fellow sends down a comedian to photo bomb your appearances making you look bad... Someone outspends you 10 to 1.... in every race... they run unflattering pictures of you taken before you brush your teeth in the morning... The powers that be form a PAC that runs YouTube ads that lie and say if you vote for JM, cute puppies will be tortured and your vote will become public record and everyone will know you voted for cruelty to animals.

Yeah, you can be overwhelmed... especially without good friends to defend you @jmyrlefuller ...

I have met and talked with Moore (even had a sandwich with him). I ain't throwing him under the bus because sometimes the world is more than one person can fight and Moore is a good person that always hugs the constitution. Someone I admire and respect, and that is worth defending.

What complete idiocy, we will lose again.

This forum and post is why conservatives are some of the dumbest people on the face of the planet.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2019, 04:52:49 pm »

This forum and post is why conservatives are some of the dumbest people on the face of the planet.

But we have to stick to our principles even if it means losing elections.  (Sarcasm)
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2019, 05:01:21 pm »

We, who?

You from Alabama?

Before you have an apoplexy, what those of us here who saw the absolute avalanche of allegations thrown at Moore last time (and who realized then it was strictly dirty tricks) would like to see is for the man to have a shot in the Primary, to run on his merits without all the unprecedented, astroturf social media and MSM smear campaigns, and maybe with just a little support from his own party for a change.

Now there are a lot of people handwringing about how control of the US Senate will be lost, all over him being a candidate in a primary election. That case of the vapors seems a bit premature, to me.

The reason Conservatives lose is that Republicans are all too willing to jump willy-nilly on some bandwagon and denigrate their own, often without even realizing they are hauling the communists' water for them.

under the bus888

Now, maybe it is just my inherent sense of fairness, maybe because it's because I hate thieves, maybe it's because I really hate those who bear false witness to besmirch the reputation of someone who, imho, is undeserving of that treatment. Maybe it's because I hate the smug bullies who do their damndest to make good people outcasts and the mob mentality that enables that. There always seems to be some loudmouthed jackass ready with the rope to start the lynch mob in motion, but there are damned few in this day and age who would stand before the mob and say 'whoa'.

As corny as it sounds to some, I really believe in the whole Truth, Justice, and the American Way thing, but the last part is what distresses me. The entire pep-rally mentality that surrounds politics is stunning to me. People who stick with losing sports teams for decades, who have the (officially licensed, expensive) memorabilia, the jerseys in glass cases, etc. decide one election lost (no matter the circumstances) and a political candidate is tossed to the wolves. You folks pretty much did that to Dr. Alan Keyes after he provided an 11th hour alternative to voting for Obama in an outrageously messed up election in Illinois.

2004 Primary Election

Despite initially trailing in the polls to frontrunner Blair Hull,[1] Barack Obama greatly benefited from what the Chicago Tribune called "the most inglorious campaign implosion in Illinois political history"[2] when pressure from journalists and opposing candidates, just weeks before the election, forced the unsealing of Hull's messy divorce files.[3] The files revealed Hull's ex-wife's accusations of verbal and physical abuse.[4] Hull would afterwards criticize the media, stating, "As for the press, I will never read the newspaper the same way again."[2] Obama would go on to win the Primary with 53% of the vote.[3] Obama's unexpected victory led to him being termed a "rising star" by the media.[5]
2004 General Election
Jack Ryan

Once again Obama found himself trailing to popular frontrunner Jack Ryan, and once again a candidate's campaign imploded thanks to media intervention. In an unprecedented move, the Chicago Tribune and local TV station WLS sued to force the unsealing of Ryan's divorce files, despite opposition from both Ryan and his wife, Jeri Ryan, who in the files accused Jack Ryan of trying to coerce her to perform sex acts in public. Though Ryan advisors told him he could still win if using a negative attack on Obama, Ryan refused:
“    "It's clear to me that a vigorous debate on the issues most likely could not take place if I remain in the race. What would take place, rather, is a brutal, scorched-earth campaign — the kind of campaign that has turned off so many voters, the kind of politics I refuse to play... I won't do that, that's not me."
-Jack Ryan[6]
   â€Ryan then dropped out of the race (per request by the Illinois GOP[7]
),
https://www.conservapedia.com/United_States_Senate_election_in_Illinois,_2004The Illinois GOP had no one to run against Obama. Alan Keyes stepped in to provide some opposition, but the win went to the other guy, and Keyes seemed to be marginalized and blamed for the loss.

After all, that is easier than finding out just how all those sealed court records became front page news, just like the torrents of leaks to follow in Obama's wake to damage Republicans, conservatives, and anyone who looked like they might be in the way, often sourced (if sourced and not just made up) from "sealed court records".

You folks haven't figured out who the enemy is or who it isn't, not to mention which questions to ask.

As for Moore, here's a man who lost his job twice, once for standing for the Ten Commandments (the basis of most western law at its root), and once for standing for the Alabama Constitution, and you hold that level of integrity against him because he lost his job standing for what he thought is right.

It's pretty obvious that such a man in the Swamp would be a real threat to the status quo in DC.

In the meantime this place is rife with people making up excuses why someone who has a long list of unfulfilled promises laying around like solo cups after a frat party is all awesome and all that.

Y'all don't seem to be so interested in draining the Swamp as redecorating in your particular shade of green.

Let Alabamans decide.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2019, 05:05:52 pm »
We, who?

You from Alabama?

Before you have an apoplexy, what those of us here who saw the absolute avalanche of allegations thrown at Moore last time (and who realized then it was strictly dirty tricks) would like to see is for the man to have a shot in the Primary, to run on his merits without all the unprecedented, astroturf social media and MSM smear campaigns, and maybe with just a little support from his own party for a change.

Now there are a lot of people handwringing about how control of the US Senate will be lost, all over him being a candidate in a primary election. That case of the vapors seems a bit premature, to me.

The reason Conservatives lose is that Republicans are all too willing to jump willy-nilly on some bandwagon and denigrate their own, often without even realizing they are hauling the communists' water for them.

under the bus888

Now, maybe it is just my inherent sense of fairness, maybe because it's because I hate thieves, maybe it's because I really hate those who bear false witness to besmirch the reputation of someone who, imho, is undeserving of that treatment. Maybe it's because I hate the smug bullies who do their damndest to make good people outcasts and the mob mentality that enables that. There always seems to be some loudmouthed jackass ready with the rope to start the lynch mob in motion, but there are damned few in this day and age who would stand before the mob and say 'whoa'.

As corny as it sounds to some, I really believe in the whole Truth, Justice, and the American Way thing, but the last part is what distresses me. The entire pep-rally mentality that surrounds politics is stunning to me. People who stick with losing sports teams for decades, who have the (officially licensed, expensive) memorabilia, the jerseys in glass cases, etc. decide one election lost (no matter the circumstances) and a political candidate is tossed to the wolves. You folks pretty much did that to Dr. Alan Keyes after he provided an 11th hour alternative to voting for Obama in an outrageously messed up election in Illinois.
https://www.conservapedia.com/United_States_Senate_election_in_Illinois,_2004The Illinois GOP had no one to run against Obama. Alan Keyes stepped in to provide some opposition, but the win went to the other guy, and Keyes seemed to be marginalized and blamed for the loss.

After all, that is easier than finding out just how all those sealed court records became front page news, just like the torrents of leaks to follow in Obama's wake to damage Republicans, conservatives, and anyone who looked like they might be in the way, often sourced (if sourced and not just made up) from "sealed court records".

You folks haven't figured out who the enemy is or who it isn't, not to mention which questions to ask.

As for Moore, here's a man who lost his job twice, once for standing for the Ten Commandments (the basis of most western law at its root), and once for standing for the Alabama Constitution, and you hold that level of integrity against him because he lost his job standing for what he thought is right.

It's pretty obvious that such a man in the Swamp would be a real threat to the status quo in DC.

In the meantime this place is rife with people making up excuses why someone who has a long list of unfulfilled promises laying around like solo cups after a frat party is all awesome and all that.

Y'all don't seem to be so interested in draining the Swamp as redecorating in your particular shade of green.

Let Alabamans decide.

:amen: x 100!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2019, 05:14:53 pm »
What @EdJames said!  888high58888  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2019, 07:14:12 pm »

Let Alabamans decide.

And they would have gladly voted for a GOP candidate last time except "principled" conservatives voted for a lecherous goober.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2019, 07:40:07 pm »
And they would have gladly voted for a GOP candidate last time except "principled" conservatives voted for a lecherous goober.

Maybe you are a typical Alabaman, but 87% of Alabamans voted for the Constitutional Amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman. That's a lot of "principled goobers" out there. Moore supposedly lost his job once for not ordering judges to go against that selfsame Constitution.

Now, if he's lecherous, there should be plenty of pictures of him, just like 'gropey Joe' Biden, or even a recording of him like Mr "grab them by the p*ssy", but all you have are the now discredited 11th hour fabrications of a smear campaign devised to keep principled people home instead of have them show up at the polls. 

You drank the MSM and Dem and even GOPe Kool-Aid--none of those groups want anyone with principles to get anywhere near their precious Swamp. Why, someone like that just might tell people what in the hell is going on in DC and upset that whole rotten apple cart. You know, the one which rarely tosses people a bone while the scallywags and carpetbaggers in Congress line their pockets and feather their nests at our expense (and our great grand children's expense) from the tab they have run up, and ever encroach on our Rights in the name of safety and the public good.

I suppose the voters you are pissed off at are not Alabamans who voted for Moore in the Primary last time?
Who exactly would those be?

NOTHING in DC is going to improve if you people keep voting for the same Country Club GOPe crap.
If you have so much trouble with being principled, maybe you'd be happier in the party that begins with a "D".

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2019, 07:47:18 pm »
Maybe you are a typical Alabaman, but 87% of Alabamans voted for the Constitutional Amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman. That's a lot of "principled goobers" out there. Moore supposedly lost his job once for not ordering judges to go against that selfsame Constitution.

Now, if he's lecherous, there should be plenty of pictures of him, just like 'gropey Joe' Biden, or even a recording of him like Mr "grab them by the p*ssy", but all you have are the now discredited 11th hour fabrications of a smear campaign devised to keep principled people home instead of have them show up at the polls. 

You drank the MSM and Dem and even GOPe Kool-Aid--none of those groups want anyone with principles to get anywhere near their precious Swamp. Why, someone like that just might tell people what in the hell is going on in DC and upset that whole rotten apple cart. You know, the one which rarely tosses people a bone while the scallywags and carpetbaggers in Congress line their pockets and feather their nests at our expense (and our great grand children's expense) from the tab they have run up, and ever encroach on our Rights in the name of safety and the public good.

I suppose the voters you are pissed off at are not Alabamans who voted for Moore in the Primary last time?

NOTHING in DC is going to improve if you people keep voting for the same Country Club GOPe crap.
If you have so much trouble with being principled, maybe you'd be happier in the party that begins with a "D".

QFT

BOOM, baby!
Nothing but fact.

• Technical
« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2019, 07:48:12 pm »

:facepalm:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2019, 09:14:57 pm »

Roy Moore has only once in his entire life collected a paycheck from a non-government source... and that was during his exile in Australia after a disastrous run for a judicial seat in the 1980s. It's hard to call oneself anti-establishment when the establishment is responsible for almost your entire salary.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2019, 08:33:11 am »
Roy Moore has only once in his entire life collected a paycheck from a non-government source... and that was during his exile in Australia after a disastrous run for a judicial seat in the 1980s. It's hard to call oneself anti-establishment when the establishment is responsible for almost your entire salary.
Nice try, but that doesn't leave many office holders in the US, at any level, who would pass that muster.

I guess his time in the Army counts as a "Government Paycheck"

But not the same as most of the the perfumed princes and princesses of Capitol Hill.

There was a ten year period between his leaving the DA office and being appointed a Circuit court judge. Some of that spent in Australia, some spent back in Gadsden Alabama in private practice. (1982-1992) So just once might be a bit of a distortion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore

You can hate on the man all you want, but if you don't have a vote, it doesn't mean squat. Frustrating, isn't it?

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2019, 11:56:37 am »

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2019, 11:57:39 am »

THat is your most lucid response yet. Thank you for elaborating on your opposition.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2019, 12:03:13 pm »
THat is your most lucid response yet. Thank you for elaborating on your opposition.

Sorry, but I don't like losers like Moore.. Nor do I like the moronic battle against the so called GOPe. I rather win elections and prevent the Dems for pushing their far left agenda down our throats.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2019, 12:11:57 pm »

Sorry, but I don't like losers like Moore.. Nor do I like the moronic battle against the so called GOPe. I rather win elections and prevent the Dems for pushing their far left agenda down our throats.

Who is stopping the Republicans from shoving their far left agenda down our throats?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2019, 12:15:10 pm »

Win all you want and then the GOPe will shove that same crap down your throat, a little smaller bites, a little slower, but you'll rave about the new orange flavor and how you won. Consider we have lost more gun rights to Republicans in the last 40 years at the Federal Level. And that's just a start.

So don't throw that pep rally "winning' dung at my window.

Principles mean something. If you don't defend those (and I'm not seeing that from the GOP) you haven't won anything.

Moore has twice lost his job over defending principle, whether you agree with that or not.

C S Lewis