Author Topic: Roy Moore says he will run for Senate in Alabama  (Read 7534 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Roy Moore says he will run for Senate in Alabama
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2019, 01:33:25 pm »
I could go on and on....

Yeah... You are right, and you could.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2019, 01:36:01 pm »
Roy Moore trails Republican field in Alabama
By Reid Wilson - 06/26/19 09:28 AM EDT

Alabama Republicans are showing little appetite for giving former state Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore another shot at winning a U.S. Senate seat, two years after he blew what should have been a gimme election in the ruby red state after being embroiled in a sordid personal scandal.

A new survey from the Alabama-based polling firm Cygnal shows Moore taking just 13 percent of the vote in the Republican primary. He trails former Auburn University football coach Tommy Tuberville, who leads with 29 percent, and Rep. Bradley Byrne (R), who has 21 percent.

Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill (R), who launched his campaign Tuesday, begins with 12 percent of the vote. State Rep. Arnold Mooney (R) takes 2 percent, and 22 percent of voters say they are as yet undecided.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/450392-roy-moore-trails-republican-field-in-alabama
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2019, 01:42:52 pm »

Alabama Republicans are showing little appetite for giving former state Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore another shot at winning a U.S. Senate seat, two years after he blew what should have been a gimme election in the ruby red state after being embroiled in a sordid personal scandal.

A new survey from the Alabama-based polling firm Cygnal shows Moore taking just 13 percent of the vote in the Republican primary. He trails former Auburn University football coach Tommy Tuberville, who leads with 29 percent, and Rep. Bradley Byrne (R), who has 21 percent.

Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill (R), who launched his campaign Tuesday, begins with 12 percent of the vote. State Rep. Arnold Mooney (R) takes 2 percent, and 22 percent of voters say they are as yet undecided.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/450392-roy-moore-trails-republican-field-in-alabama

Good..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2019, 01:45:13 pm »

So you are against repealing the 17th amendment.
I an all for repealing the 17th Amendment, and while you're at it, eliminate the 16th, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2019, 01:48:41 pm »
@Sighlass

You are quite correct.  There are a lot of things not being openly elaborated on.  I suspect that some of the reasons they are so anti-Moore are:

- that man is so icky, why does he ride a horse, doesn't he know that it is 2019?
- why does that man often have a gun with him?  (and even more awful he shows it in photographs!)
- why did that awful man have to go against the federal law (as made up from thin air by the scotus) and try to talk about a State Constitution?  No one wants to hear about such things....  doesn't he know that federal law is so much more important that what any backwater State says?
- why does he always wear one of those icky Western hats?  Doesn't he know what side of the Mississippi he is on?
- why does he go against the gays?  Doesn't he know that we have to pander to gays if we want to win elections?
- why does he have to live and die on these precious "principles?"  Doesn't he know that young voters don't care a whit about principles?
- why won't those ignorant Republicans in Alabama listen to us?  Don't they understand that we know better?
- why....

I could go on and on....
888high58888

We have folks who wear those hats, carry guns, and ride horses, here, too. This isn't times square....

And we'd have a good laugh at all those smug 'betters' if you could drop 'em in the middle of nowhere out here (until we had to go rescue them, anyway).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2019, 01:50:08 pm »
And we'd have a good laugh at all those smug 'betters' if you could drop 'em in the middle of nowhere out here (until we had to go rescue them, anyway).

I might have to mosey a bit....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2019, 01:51:00 pm »
Exactly. Now they only have to buy half of the 535 to get their stuff in--at worst. It'd cost a lot more to grease the skids in 50 legislatures, or even 25, and people would start running up a who's who of the skid greasers pretty quick with internet and other capabilities. There'd be the potential to have a lot more sunlight on the process.

I hear that, @Smokin Joe, but frequently trying to decipher what our state government is doing is an exercise in futility. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2019, 02:15:38 pm »
@Sighlass

You are quite correct.  There are a lot of things not being openly elaborated on.  I suspect that some of the reasons they are so anti-Moore are:

- that man is so icky, why does he ride a horse, doesn't he know that it is 2019?
- why does that man often have a gun with him?  (and even more awful he shows it in photographs!)
- why did that awful man have to go against the federal law (as made up from thin air by the scotus) and try to talk about a State Constitution?  No one wants to hear about such things....  doesn't he know that federal law is so much more important that what any backwater State says?
- why does he always wear one of those icky Western hats?  Doesn't he know what side of the Mississippi he is on?
- why does he go against the gays?  Doesn't he know that we have to pander to gays if we want to win elections?
- why does he have to live and die on these precious "principles?"  Doesn't he know that young voters don't care a whit about principles?
- why won't those ignorant Republicans in Alabama listen to us?  Don't they understand that we know better?
- why....

I could go on and on....

@EdJames

You didn't get to the main one yet:  "He's not for sale!  There is no telling what he might expose if we let him get amongst us!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2019, 03:03:39 pm »
@EdJames

You didn't get to the main one yet:  "He's not for sale!  There is no telling what he might expose if we let him get amongst us!

That's what those seated in DC think....  certainly.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2019, 03:18:56 pm »
@Sighlass

- why....

I could go on and on....
Nice strawmen, Ed.

There's one reason I am against running Roy Moore again, and one alone: he lost a race that could not be lost, evidence of a horrible candidacy that had implications for the rest of the country. BECAUSE OF ROY MOORE, WE STILL HAVE OBAMACARE. Let that sink in.

Because of Roy Moore, we still have Obamacare. How conservative of a position is that?

So yeah, if the Alabama GOP insists on running the same losing candidate again—then they are ignorant, and I do know better, because I listen to evidence when it is clear that they do not.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2019, 03:19:53 pm »
@EdJames

He ain't exposing jack squat, Bigun. Just the other day you were extolling how much experience he had in government. Just like Joe Biden.

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2019, 03:30:33 pm »

more

I'm all for Tuberville. he may never pass a bill, but he'll definitely run it!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 03:31:29 pm by godblessRonaldReagan »
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2019, 03:34:30 pm »
I'm all for Tuberville. he may never pass a bill, but he'll definitely run it!
  :laugh:

Right now he's probably running on name recognition—which is dangerous this far out. Does anyone have any real grasp on his policy positions? Is he a guy worth uniting behind? I know Byrne's reputation is a little, well, swampy.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2019, 03:57:19 pm »
Nice strawmen, Ed.

There's one reason I am against running Roy Moore again, and one alone: he lost a race that could not be lost, evidence of a horrible candidacy that had implications for the rest of the country. BECAUSE OF ROY MOORE, WE STILL HAVE OBAMACARE. Let that sink in.

Because of Roy Moore, we still have Obamacare. How conservative of a position is that?

So yeah, if the Alabama GOP insists on running the same losing candidate again—then they are ignorant, and I do know better, because I listen to evidence when it is clear that they do not.

Roy Moore is responsible for Obastardcare? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2019, 04:19:50 pm »
Nice strawmen, Ed.

:bigsilly:

Then you best hurry and get yourself down there so you can tell those damn hilljacks how to vote!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2019, 04:40:00 pm »
Then you best hurry and get yourself down there so you can tell those damn hilljacks how to vote!
It'd be a waste of breath and air miles.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2019, 04:40:48 pm »
Roy Moore is responsible for Obastardcare?
Roy Moore losing that race led to Doug Jones getting elected and thus giving John McCain and Lisa Murkowski the power to kill Obamacare repeal.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2019, 04:56:13 pm »
Roy Moore losing that race led to Doug Jones getting elected and thus giving John McCain and Lisa Murkowski the power to kill Obamacare repeal.

Yeah...  except that is not how it works.....  Mr. Chao was going to get as many "defectors" as needed to ensure it would not pass....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2019, 05:00:46 pm »
Yeah...  except that is not how it works.....  Mr. Chao was going to get as many "defectors" as needed to ensure it would not pass....

"Shhh!  He's on a roll..."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2019, 05:13:32 pm »
2020 Alabama Senate Republican Primary:
Tommy Tuberville 29%
Bradley Byrne 21%
Roy Moore 13%
John Merrill 12%
Arnold Mooney 2%

http://www.cygn.al/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/90626-Cygnal-AL-Toplines-Release.pdf

Offline EdJames

« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2019, 05:20:18 pm »
2020 Alabama Senate Republican Primary:
Tommy Tuberville 29%
Bradley Byrne 21%
Roy Moore 13%
John Merrill 12%
Arnold Mooney 2%

http://www.cygn.al/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/90626-Cygnal-AL-Toplines-Release.pdf

War Damn Eagle!!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2019, 05:24:22 pm »
Nice strawmen, Ed.

There's one reason I am against running Roy Moore again, and one alone: he lost a race that could not be lost, evidence of a horrible candidacy that had implications for the rest of the country. BECAUSE OF ROY MOORE, WE STILL HAVE .............

At one time you put up your real picture here at TBR... Nice looking fellow you are (said in a non-gay way from me)..... Got your teeth and hair, probable a decent derriere (again in a non-gay meaning from me, all guys are ugly to me).... stick with me, I don't do parables often cause I suck at them.

If you ran for position of "Stud of the Briefing Room" (No Corbe, don't make a poll), You would probable be odds on favorite to win (especially with me as competition)....

Now, suddenly a few folks from TOS decide they want you out of the race and say horrible lies about you from 30 years ago... and Myst joins in the fray and says "if you did this and that, you should drop out of the contest and shave your head and never enter another contest"... I join in (because I want to win, never had an uglier fellow with this chance in TBR history to win and I am certainly going to go all out to dominate this contest)...

How do you fight against such odds... everyone is against you... Even your own here at TBR suddenly throw you under the rug because it is suddenly cool to do so. Heck some billionaire has hired folks to make fake accounts to say you are a Russian who wears a wigs.... Some Night Show fellow sends down a comedian to photo bomb your appearances making you look bad... Someone outspends you 10 to 1.... in every race... they run unflattering pictures of you taken before you brush your teeth in the morning... The powers that be form a PAC that runs YouTube ads that lie and say if you vote for JM, cute puppies will be tortured and your vote will become public record and everyone will know you voted for cruelty to animals.

Yeah, you can be overwhelmed... especially without good friends to defend you @jmyrlefuller ...

I have met and talked with Moore (even had a sandwich with him). I ain't throwing him under the bus because sometimes the world is more than one person can fight and Moore is a good person that always hugs the constitution. Someone I admire and respect, and that is worth defending.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 05:30:27 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2019, 05:31:36 pm »
At one time you put up your real picture here at TBR... Nice looking fellow you are (said in a non-gay way from me)..... Got your teeth and hair, probable a decent derriere (again in a non-gay meaning from me, all guys are ugly to me).... stick with me, I don't do parables often cause I suck at them.

If you ran for position of "Stud of the Briefing Room" (No Corbe, don't make a poll), You would probable be odds on favorite to win (especially with me as competition)....

Now, suddenly a few folks from TOS decide they want you out of the race and say horrible lies about you from 30 years ago... and Myst joins in the fray and says "if you did this and that, you should drop out of the contest and shave your head and never enter another contest"... I join in (because I want to win, never had an uglier fellow with this chance in TBR history to win and I am certainly going to go all out to dominate this contest)...

How do you fight against such odds... everyone is against you... Even your own here at TBR suddenly throw you under the rug because it is suddenly cool to do so. Heck some billionaire has hired folks to make fake accounts to say you are a Russian who wears a wigs.... Some Night Show fellow sends down a comedian to photo bomb your appearances making you look bad... Someone outspends you 10 to 1.... in every race... they run unflattering pictures of you taken before you brush your teeth in the morning... The powers that be form a PAC that runs YouTube ads that lie and say if you vote for JM, cute puppies will be tortured and your vote will become public record and everyone will know you voted for cruelty to animals.

Yeah, you can be overwhelmed... especially without good friends to defend you @jmyrlefuller ...

I have met and talked with Moore (even had a sandwich with him). I ain't throwing him under the bus because sometimes the world is more than one person can fight and Moore is a good person that always hugs the constitution. Someone I admire and respect, and that is worth defending.

:amen: @Sighlass !  I hope there are a great many just like you in the GREAT state of Alabama!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2019, 05:35:23 pm »

goopo  (Except for the Myst part...lol!)
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2019, 07:58:02 pm »
I hear that, @Smokin Joe, but frequently trying to decipher what our state government is doing is an exercise in futility.
I hear you.
Cronyism is rampant at the local level, but often because people think it makes too little difference compared to the feds (if they are even paying attention). Media cronyism runs interference for that, keeping the people ignorant of what is going on.
The trick is getting the word out, to have the watchdogs who go to the meetings and attend the hearings and get the word out, preferably before something becomes enacted.
Get enough local people ticked off, and things can change. It is just a matter of making the decisions on a more local level. When they can hide behind federal policy, rules, etc. (made by bureaucrats), that's when we have no say.

C S Lewis