Author Topic: General Unveils Key New Details of Attacks in Gulf of Oman  (Read 202 times)

rangerrebew

General Unveils Key New Details of Attacks in Gulf of Oman

“Getting alongside a vessel under the cover of darkness to attach a mine underway is not an insignificant effort," Gen. Paul Selva, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs said today.

By   Paul McLeary on June 18, 2019 at 5:33 PM

An image released by the Pentagon purports to show an Iranian boat near damaged oil tankers.

WASHINGTON The vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff today offered critical new details of the attack on two commercial ships in the Gulf of Oman, suggesting the US has evidence mines were attached by “a military-trained and capable force.” to the ships while they were underway.

“I will tell you as a military person,” Gen. Paul Selva told reporters at a breakfast meeting, “getting alongside a vessel under the cover of darkness to attach a mine underway is not an insignificant effort. But it wasn’t done by an untrained, unsophisticated group of people. It was done by a military-trained and capable force.”

https://breakingdefense.com/2019/06/general-unveils-key-new-details-of-attacks-in-gulf-of-oman/