Author Topic: Minnesota Democratic Party staffer under fire for calling USS Minneapolis-Saint Paul a 'murder boat  (Read 218 times)

rangerrebew

Minnesota Democratic Party staffer under fire for calling USS Minneapolis-Saint Paul a 'murder boat'
Jessie Van Berkel, Star Tribune
June 19, 2019 at 04:00 AM
news

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz said Tuesday he is appalled by a state DFL Party staff member's tweet referring to the recently-launched USS Minneapolis-Saint Paul as a "murder boat."

"Certainly, the disrespect shown is beyond the pale," said Walz, who served in the Army National Guard.

William Davis, who has been the DFL Party's research director and deputy communications director, made the controversial comment in response to a tweet about the launch of a new Navy combat ship in Wisconsin: "But actually, I think it's gross they're using the name of our fine cities for a murder boat," Davis wrote on Twitter over the weekend.

The comment prompted a quick backlash, and Davis apologized and deleted the tweet.

https://taskandpurpose.com/minnesota-democratic-party-staffer-under-fire-for-calling-uss-minneapolis-saint-paul-a-murder-boat

rangerrebew

It still drives me crazy to see the term "democratic" party when there is nothing democratic about them.  Democrat party I can handle, democratIC not so much. **nononono*