Author Topic: Trump says supporters could 'demand' he not leave office after two terms  (Read 10624 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Absolutely.  In fact he was playing off those quarterly published fake news stories that claim Trump will not step down if he doesn't win the 2020 election. 

Trump was trolling the press.  And like good little fish, they took the bait.
I'm so glad you know the inner machinations of the President's mind. That's the problem. He thinks he can say anything, no matter how threatening, nefarious or evil... then it's "I'm just kidding!" Like Jon Stewart: the clown nose on, clown nose off gag to avert being criticized.

I expect this kind of sycophantry <<Nope>>, but not anyone with an independent mind.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 05:57:42 pm by Cyber Liberty »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He was joking, people!  Good grief.

I came to the conclusion some time ago Trump tweets stuff like this just to rile up his opponents.  Same with that goofy interview with Snuffleupagus.

Of course he wasn't seriously stating he'd break the system by refusing to leave the White House when his term(s) expire.  Every President in recent memory was accused of this.  It's like poking fun at Sasquatch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's not funny. Not after term limits were the only way we got rid of Obama.

So do you believe the accusations that Trump won't leave office peacefully?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

I agree. I don't like his personality. I am a Trump realist. He is our President and I support the policies I agree with. The piling on every joke or unsourced report is getting old.

You can become a Certified TrumpRealist like me if you want.  All it takes is a small application fee and answering the 3 question certification form.

Let me know if you are interested, applications are being taken through November 2, 2020.

888high58888

Offline DagnyT

Why not? He has made the case before that the Democrats and Never Trumpers didn't let him actually have his entire first two years to run things due to the Muller investigation. The owe him that and I can see we the people demand he is given a make-up for that phony investigation time lost.
#MAGA

Offline EdJames

I came to the conclusion some time ago Trump tweets stuff like this just to rile up his opponents.  Same with that goofy interview with Snuffleupagus.

Of course he wasn't seriously stating he'd break the system by refusing to leave the White House when his term(s) expire.  Every President in recent memory was accused of this.  It's like poking fun at Sasquatch.

He's been doing it for years....  not hard to catch on to it....

yogi555

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He's been doing it for years....  not hard to catch on to it....

yogi555

:beer:

I'm already a "Trump Realist."  It's required to effectively moderate this Forum.  I refuse to take sides in the "Trump War."  He says what he says, does what he does, and is what he is.
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdJames

I'm already a "Trump Realist."  It's required to effectively moderate this Forum.  I refuse to take sides in the "Trump War."  He says what he says, does what he does, and is what he is.

He is like Popeye in that regard!!

:silly:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He is like Popeye in that regard!!

:silly:

That's the long and the short of it.  I wish I could trust him to do the right thing, as I could Popeye.  He was strong to the finish, because he ate his spinach.   333cleo
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

He was joking, people!  Good grief.

Yes but some many pearls to clutch & so little time.

Offline goatprairie

Yes, His Orangeness was just joking.  What a joker. Isn't he the funniest president ever? Or is his "humor" juvenile and unbecoming a president? Surely, it can't be the latter.   :whistle:

Offline libertybele

Go read what he said.  It's pretty obvious unless you're one of the ones looking for a fainting couch every time he opens his mouth (and, I know you're not).

I went back and re-read the article again.  With keeping in mind the thought that he was just joking as suggested, I could only conclude then that he was just being his narcissistic self.

It is very sad that we have a President that we have to assume that he's joking, trolling or is going to back pedal on what he tells us.

I have tried very hard to overlook has narcissistic and even sometimes childish behavior, but when he makes comments like this, it becomes difficult; especially when comments were made like this before about his predecessor.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So do you believe the accusations that Trump won't leave office peacefully?
Knowing the guy's ego, I don't put it past him.

And it wouldn't be the first time a term-limited prominent chief executive tried to stay past his welcome. See: Michael Bloomberg, Hugo Chavez.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm so glad you know the inner machinations of the President's mind. That's the problem. He thinks he can say anything, no matter how threatening, nefarious or evil... then it's "I'm just kidding!" Like Jon Stewart: the clown nose on, clown nose off gag to avert being criticized.

I expect this kind of sycophantry from RiV, but not anyone with an independent mind.

Well @jmyrlefuller aren't you the <Insults removed>.  Next time you choose to use me in an effort to shore up your <Insults removed> ping me.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 04:31:53 pm by Mod2 »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Indeed...comments like this are why the DEMS are chomping at the bit to start the impeachment process!!

I am totally convinced that this president can not go more than 24 hours without saying something stupid.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

.....hmmm... ok, I then am a "Trump Realist".  I know that many times what he says he doesn't mean, or if he is proven inaccurate , he will then claim that he is joking.  I have also come to expect that he back pedals on a lot of what he says and does and if all else fails, he'll chalk it up to "fake news".  Got it!   Hopefully, everyone can now climb aboard the "TRR" - Trump Realist Railroad.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

.....hmmm... ok, I then am a "Trump Realist".  I know that many times what he says he doesn't mean, or if he is proven inaccurate , he will then claim that he is joking.  I have also come to expect that he back pedals on a lot of what he says and does and if all else fails, he'll chalk it up to "fake news".  Got it!   Hopefully, everyone can now climb aboard the "TRR" - Trump Realist Railroad.

I get that Trump plays the media with his stupid quotes, but does he think this works well for minds and hearts of middle America, and for the 2020 elections? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You've always sounded reasonable to me...
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

Looks like you'll need some "pinging" tools @jmyrlefuller    happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

And it wouldn't be the first time a term-limited prominent chief executive tried to stay past his welcome. See: Michael Bloomberg, Hugo Chavez.

Et quia res ipsa loquitur
I will NOT comply.

I get that Trump plays the media with his stupid quotes, but does he think this works well for minds and hearts of middle America, and for the 2020 elections?

Middle America elected this President .... they "get" him .. and they love him.

No need to worry yourself over nothing.

The President is just having some fun with the angst-prone.  His target was the media, but the usual suspects can't help getting caught up in it.   The rest of America just goes on with living.   :shrug:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Middle America elected this President .... they "get" him .. and they love him.

As someone who actually lives in middle America, I can tell you that no they don’t - they barely tolerate him. He evokes feelings of disgust and political ennui. That’s why one district flipped, another barely hung on, and the gubernatorial race was lost, last year. That’s inexcusable in Kansas. If he keeps dicking around with trade, watch him lose Iowa, in 2020. They know it’s a problem, or else he wouldn’t of been there, just recently.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 04:56:15 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

Sure, a lot of times Trump is just being his narcissistic self.  It may work for his supporters, but I doubt that it works well for those he hasn't fully convinced that he's as great as he thinks he is. Those are the people he is going to need to win over in order to win in 2020. He also is going to need to recapture those that have abandoned the Trump train and have decided to not even vote in 2020.

Sure, a lot of times Trump is just being his narcissistic self.  It may work for his supporters, but I doubt that it works well for those he hasn't fully convinced that he's as great as he thinks he is. Those are the people he is going to need to win over in order to win in 2020. He also is going to need to recapture those that have abandoned the Trump train and have decided to not even vote in 2020.

No worries.  You're the only ones talking about this.  Relax.