Author Topic: American dies in Dominican Republic after botched liposuction performed by unlicensed gynecologist  (Read 385 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
American dies in Dominican Republic after botched liposuction performed by unlicensed gynecologist
By Lucia I. Suarez Sang | Fox News

A New York man had died while under the knife for liposuction by a doctor in the Dominican Republic who has had at least three other patients die while in surgery.

Manuel Nuñez, 29, a restaurant worker living in New York City, returned to his native Dominican Republic for the surgery – his third – this time by Dr. Oscar Polanco at the Caribbean Plastic Surgery in Santo Domingo, local outlet CDN reported.

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/american-dies-dominican-republic-botched-liposuction

The count of dead Americans in the Domican Republic now numbers 7, I assume, he is the latest one.

Offline skeeter

I'm sensing a pattern here. I think maybe they've declared war on us.

Bill Cipher

The count of dead Americans in the Domican Republic now numbers 7, I assume, he is the latest one.

Yeah, but this one is different from the others.  Having surgery done by an unqualified quack is always dangerous.   Going to a resort hotel generally should not. 

Offline dfwgator

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
‘I Can’t Even Explain How Sick I Was:’ 47 People Got Ill During One Trip to Dominican Republic
By Zachary Stieber
June 15, 2019 Updated: June 15, 2019

Nearly half of the people on a large group trip to the Dominican Republic got sick after drinking alcohol from a bar at the pool at the resort, said a travel agent who was on the trip and was among those who fell ill.

The latest report on sickness in the country comes after the 11th suspicious death in the last 12 months was reported.

Read more at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/i-cant-even-explain-how-sick-i-was-47-people-got-ill-during-one-trip-to-dominican-republic_2964565.html

Some opinions say this is from bootleg alcohol but even that's not clear. It seems worse than regular ol' bootleg alcohol from what I've read.

Bill Cipher

Some opinions say this is from bootleg alcohol but even that's not clear. It seems worse than regular ol' bootleg alcohol from what I've read.

If you’re drinking methyl alcohol, it could kill you.  It’s beginning to sound like there’s a major problem with tainted alcohol in DR. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If you’re drinking methyl alcohol, it could kill you.  It’s beginning to sound like there’s a major problem with tainted alcohol in DR.

Using the radiators out of 1950's cars to distill shine is also problematic.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.