Author Topic: Kamala Harris rallies with McDonald's workers striking for higher wages  (Read 370 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Kamala Harris takes stance against small business owners.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) rallied with McDonald's workers striking in Nevada on Friday, where she told a crowd that workers at the franchise should be paid "livable wages."

At a strike in Las Vegas organized by the activist group Fight for $15, the California senator marched with protesters before addressing a crowd, speaking about her own experience working as a former student.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/448697-kamala-harris-rallies-with-mcdonalds-workers-striking-for-higher-wages
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

It is a minimum wage entry job because it requires minimum skills. Give me a break.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline libertybele

So anyone with an ounce of brainpower realizes that in order for McD's to pay their workers more they will need to raise their prices.  Who is going to pay $10.00 for a Big Mac meal?? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If the world was fair Kamala would be asking, "Would like fries with that quarter pounder?"

Offline skeeter

Unfortunately I had no idea back in the day Gold Circle owed me a 'living wage'. Shoot, I would've been able to buy a house and raise a family on what they were paying me to stock bedsheets and yarn in the Domestics Department.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
If the world was fair Kamala would be asking, "Would like fries with that quarter pounder?"
Oh, Kamaltoe does have other skills. Just ask Willie.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It is a minimum wage entry job because it requires minimum skills. Give me a break.
They are for the most part supposed to be for teenagers to learn the skills they will need in the future, skills like responsibility, being on time, customer relations and people skills. You know all those basic skills lacking in the majority of millennials. They are not and never were jobs to raise and maintain a family on and sure as hell are not on a par with wages for skilled trades journeymen.

This is just going to help accelerate the elimination of basic jobs which will be lost to automation and robotic devices. Just think in the future the two or three employees left at McDonald's, when asked what they do can say I top off the burger robots with meat and condiments or I top off the fry robot or the one job that will be left to humans..............I clean the toilets.

Bill Cipher

So anyone with an ounce of brainpower realizes that in order for McD's to pay their workers more they will need to raise their prices.  Who is going to pay $10.00 for a Big Mac meal?? 

Or cut the number of workers, as they are doing with the self-service kiosks they’re beginning to roll out. 

Offline Applewood

And a number of their employees have less than the minimum skills. I once ordered a salad with grilled chicken.  The kid behind the counter was too busy talking to her coworker about the hot date she had the night before -- asked me twice if I wanted grilled or fried.  When I finally received my order, the chicken was -- you guessed it -- fried

That was the last time I set foot in a McDonalds.  If I want fast food, I'll go to Chick-Fil-A.  At least the CFA employees pay attention to what I order.

Offline Wingnut

That was the last time I set foot in a McDonalds.  If I want fast food, I'll go to Chick-Fil-A.  At least the CFA employees pay attention to what I order.

Same here.  You won't see me set foot in a BK or Mickey D's or a KFC anymore.   If I can't find a CFA I might....just depending how hungry I am, go to Wendy's and get a salad.