Author Topic: The Morning Briefing: Panicked CIA Turns to PR Firm The New York Times  (Read 553 times)

rangerrebew

The Morning Briefing: Panicked CIA Turns to PR Firm The New York Times
By Liz Sheld June 13, 2019

Good Thursday morning.

Panicked CIA turns to their PR firm The New York Times to get in front of DoJ investigations

The intelligence community's crisis communication firm, The New York Times, spun into action yesterday, "reporting" that A.G. Barr is going to investigate the CIA's participation in the RUSSIA-collusion hoax.

Before I get into the details of this press release written by and published in the NYT, take a moment and ask yourselves, should there be oversight for the CIA? Who conducts that oversight? The CIA "sources" referenced in the NYT press release seem a little miffed that some folks want to check their math.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/the-morning-briefing-panicked-cia-turns-to-pr-firm-the-new-york-times/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
We taxpayers pay for a PR firm for the CIA?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We taxpayers pay for a PR firm for the CIA?

We don't.  NYT is proud to do it for free, as long as they're shooting at the correct targets.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like obstruction to me.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Getting REAL close!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
WWWII

Getting into another war in Europe was unpopular in the years running up to Pearl Harbor.

The NYT withheld, delayed reporting on the Holocaust.

If we haven't learned the degree to which the major media distorts news, we haven't been paying attention.

Canadian doing what Americans have only talked about:

Could this be the answer to left-wing sites like Facebook and Twitter that conservative commentators have been looking for? Canadian academic and staunch defender of free speech Jordan Peterson has announced that he is creating a censorship-free social media platform set to launch this August.
As reported by NewsBusters, Peterson is in the process of creating a social media platform that will not ban users for speech they post unless ordered to do so by a United States court. However, the social media site called ThinkSpot will have some built-in features that could deter bad-faith actors on the website. NB's Alexander Hall has the report:
via NewsBusters:
“If minimum comment length is 50 words, you’re gonna have to put a little thought into it,” Peterson said. “Even if you’re being a troll, you’ll be a quasi-witty troll.”
All comments on the website will have a voting feature “and if your ratio of upvotes to downvotes falls below 50/50 then your comments will be hidden, people will still be able to see them, if they click, but you'll disappear.” He later added a caveat saying that was still being mulled over and that “We don't know if 50/50 is right.”
"Peterson said that a handful of major free speech proponents including Dave Rubin, Michael Shermer are on board to be beta testers for Thinkspot," Hall adds. The new platform comes as conservatives like Tucker Carlson argue that Big Tech's increasing influence will strip Americans of their rights.

Even non-politically oriented businesses like CrossFit have warned the dangers that Silicon Valley poses. The workout and fitness company recently announced a boycott of the site as well as a declaration of grievances against the behemoth tech company for silencing their member's speech.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/06/12/jordan-peterson-is-creating-a-new-social-media-platform-here-are-the-details-n2548128

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
WWWII

Getting into another war in Europe was unpopular in the years running up to Pearl Harbor.

If we haven't learned the degree to which the major media distorts news, we haven't been paying attention.

Could this be the answer to left-wing sites like Facebook and Twitter that conservative commentators have been looking for? Canadian academic and staunch defender of free speech Jordan Peterson has announced that he is creating a censorship-free social media platform set to launch this August.
As reported by NewsBusters, Peterson is in the process of creating a social media platform that will not ban users for speech they post unless ordered to do so by a United States court. However, the social media site called ThinkSpot will have some built-in features that could deter bad-faith actors on the website. NB's Alexander Hall has the report:
via NewsBusters:
“If minimum comment length is 50 words, you’re gonna have to put a little thought into it,” Peterson said. “Even if you’re being a troll, you’ll be a quasi-witty troll.”
All comments on the website will have a voting feature “and if your ratio of upvotes to downvotes falls below 50/50 then your comments will be hidden, people will still be able to see them, if they click, but you'll disappear.” He later added a caveat saying that was still being mulled over and that “We don't know if 50/50 is right.”
"Peterson said that a handful of major free speech proponents including Dave Rubin, Michael Shermer are on board to be beta testers for Thinkspot," Hall adds. The new platform comes as conservatives like Tucker Carlson argue that Big Tech's increasing influence will strip Americans of their rights.

Even non-politically oriented businesses like CrossFit have warned the dangers that Silicon Valley poses. The workout and fitness company recently announced a boycott of the site as well as a declaration of grievances against the behemoth tech company for silencing their member's speech.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2019/06/12/jordan-peterson-is-creating-a-new-social-media-platform-here-are-the-details-n2548128

The NY Times, and Walter Duranty in particular, are responsible for the much longer than it should have been life of the Soviet Union.  They also get great credit for undermining General Chang and bring Mao to power in China.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
WWWII

via NewsBusters:

From your link:

Bad idea.  He's giving a veto to hecklers.  I would not post there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From your link:

Bad idea.  He's giving a veto to hecklers.  I would not post there.
I think it is a defensive mechanism against their Human Rights People.
Let's not forget what happened to Free Dominion.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Me, too.   :thumbsup: