Author Topic: Why taking a swing at the drill sergeant is a horrible, stupid idea  (Read 446 times)

rangerrebew

Eric Milzarski
Oct. 16, 2018 11:19AM EST
Why taking a swing at the drill sergeant is a horrible, stupid idea

Life in the military isn't for everyone. It's totally understandable if you get started, realize it's just not the life you've envisioned for yourself, and seek a different path. Best of luck with that, dude. Be a productive and helpful member of society in whatever way you feel best.

Yet, for some odd reason, whenever douchebags open their mouths and offer an unnecessary excuse for not serving, they'll offer the same tired, anti-authoritarian, pseudo-macho, bullsh*t along the lines of, "I couldn't do it because I'd knock that drill sergeant out if he got in my face."

Okay, tough guy. 99 percent of the time, you'll lose that fight — no contest. That other one percent of the time, when you put up a brief fight, you'll end up wishing a broken nose was the worst thing you had coming.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/military-culture/fight-drill-sergeant-what-happens?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:12:58 am by rangerrebew »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Why taking a swing at the drill sergeant is a horrible, stupid idea
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 06:32:03 pm »
Pop-up add that can't be dismissed.  Made the article very hard to read.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 08:52:05 pm »
Pop-up add that can't be dismissed.  Made the article very hard to read.

No problemo = FF. AdBlock+, NoScript.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 10:39:41 pm »
No problemo = FF. AdBlock+, NoScript.

Thanks! I have that add on.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 10:44:09 pm »
Ghostery tamed it as well.

https://www.ghostery.com/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 11:32:51 pm »
Anyone who has been in the military has wanted to just punch the F**K out of someone.
The only reason I have two honorable, is that I was strong enough not to punch.
Goddamit I wanted to. That's just the way things roll. Sometimes, you have to stand down.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 11:55:17 pm »
Anyone who has been in the military has wanted to just punch the F**K out of someone.
The only reason I have two honorable, is that I was strong enough not to punch.
Goddamit I wanted to. That's just the way things roll. Sometimes, you have to stand down.

@240B

I once punched out a SFC from another team when I was an E-4. I was off-duty that day due to working all night resupplying teams in the field,and the stupid SOB was new to SF,and was outraged that he was on grass-cutting detail and a E-4 was just walking around. He ordered me to come take over his mower,I ordered him to do something physically impossible to himself,and then he came over to scream in my face. I left him laying unconscious and went on about my business. Heard later from the company clerk that he came into the OR to whine to the SGM about me knocking him out,and the SGM told him "If you can't whip him,the best thing for you to do is leave him alone."

Didn't take him long to put in for a transfer back to the conventional army. He's damn lucky I didn't tell my team sgt about it. Giving orders to someone on another team without contacting that team sgt first to get his approval is a MAJOR Bozo No-No,and can subject you to a serious ass-kicking wherever and whenever found. Every team is ran as an individual kingdom,and nobody but the team CO and NCOIC know what the training schedule is,and sometimes it takes months to get someone into a training slot for something specialized. They take this stuff seriously enough I once had the E-7 heavy weapons man on the first team I was on volunteer to take a grass cutting detail so I could go to code school. This is why they are called "teams",not gatherings or hordes.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 12:06:26 am »
@sneakypete
Yea, I know man. My problem is if I start fighting with someone, I'm probably going to kill them. And nobody wants that. Including me.
But I did break a petty officer's nose because he pissed me off. It never got recorded. I had pull to keep it off the record.
That's just the way things roll.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.