Author Topic: Boris Johnson launches bid to succeed Theresa May, promises not to ‘kick the can’ on Brexit  (Read 433 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Boris Johnson launches bid to succeed Theresa May, promises not to ‘kick the can’ on Brexit
By Adam Shaw | Fox News

Britain's former foreign secretary Boris Johnson promised not to “kick the can” on Brexit as he formally launched his push to succeed Prime Minister Theresa May -- while showing no signs of pulling back from the colorful and controversial language that has helped win him the backing of President Trump.

Standing in front of an enormous blue “Back Boris” logo, Johnson, the former mayor of London, told his fellow members of the Conservative Party that he was the man to succeed May as Tory leader, deliver Britain’s departure from the E.U., and avoid losing in a general election to Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.

“After three years and two missed deadlines, we must leave the E.U. on October 31,” he said, before calling for "guts" and "courage" in negotiating with Brussels for a better exit deal.

Continued at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/boris-johnson-push-theresa-may-brexit-solution

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I know I'm dumb, but please explain this to me.

Why does Britain need to "negotiate" at all with the EU?

If they want to leave... just... leave, and say "we're out of it".

And if the EU demands money or anything else... tell them to stuff it.

Offline kidd

I know I'm dumb, but please explain this to me.

Why does Britain need to "negotiate" at all with the EU?

If they want to leave... just... leave, and say "we're out of it".

And if the EU demands money or anything else... tell them to stuff it.

This guy explains it:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=comedian+explains+brexit&view=detail&mid=687AA48F5A05F7167118687AA48F5A05F7167118&FORM=VIRE