Author Topic: Dershowitz: Why did Mueller team distort Trump attorney's voicemail?  (Read 262 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dershowitz: Why did Mueller team distort Trump attorney's voicemail?
By Alan Dershowitz, opinion contributor — 06/07/19 12:30 PM EDT

The controversy over the selective editing of a voicemail message from President Trump’s former attorney in the report by Robert Mueller has added fuel to the arguments against the appointment of special counsels.

The Mueller report says that attorney John Dowd reached out to Robert Kelner, Gen. Michael Flynn’s lawyer, after Flynn withdrew from a joint defense agreement with the Trump legal team and asked Kelner to give him a “heads up.” The report characterized the voicemail message as an attempt by the president’s counsel to obstruct Flynn’s cooperation with the Mueller probe, and that’s also how much of the press reported on it.

Here’s what the report said: “On November 22, 2017,” — after Flynn withdrew from the joint defense agreement he had with President Trump — “the President’s personal counsel left a voicemail for Flynn’s counsel that said: ‘I understand your situation, but let me see if I can’t state it in starker terms … t wouldn’t surprise me if you’ve gone on to make a deal with … the government … If … there’s information that implicates the President, then we’ve got a national security issue … so, you know … we need some kind of heads up. Umn, just for the sake of protecting all our interests if we can … [R]emember what we’ve always said about the President and his feelings toward Flynn and, that still remains …'”

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/447461-dershowitz-why-did-mueller-team-distort-trump-attorney-voicemail
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34