Author Topic: Pelosi hammers Trump on Mexico tariff deal: 'Threats and temper tantrums are no way to negotiate'  (Read 569 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi hammers Trump on Mexico tariff deal: 'Threats and temper tantrums are no way to negotiate'
By Tal Axelrod - 06/08/19 02:19 PM EDT

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) hammered President Trump on Saturday over his latest threats to slap a 5 percent tariff on imports from Mexico, repeating her claim that the president was negotiating via “threats and temper tantrums.”

“President Trump undermined America’s preeminent leadership role in the world by recklessly threatening to impose tariffs on our close friend and neighbor to the south,” Pelosi said in a statement.

“The Trump Administration must also do much more to cooperate in a meaningful way with Mexico in cracking down on smuggling networks. Its failure to do so thus far is unconscionable and irresponsible. Threats and temper tantrums are no way to negotiate foreign policy.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/447585-pelosi-hammers-trump-on-mexico-tariff-deal-threats-and-temper-tantrums-are-no
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hmmm.  This from the bitch that threatens and has temper tantrums.

That is rich.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

she prefers Obama's approach in giving in to every demand.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RetBobbyMI

Hmmm.  This from the bitch that threatens and has temper tantrums.

That is rich.
She’s against border security. She’s against forcing the Mexican government to do something. And she’s all for more unsupportable people coming into this country with whatever diseases or addenda then might have.  Sounds to me she ought to be investigated to see whose payroll she is really on. Certainly she’s making more from them than the Americans taxpayers.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In the immortal words of the great Senator Harry Mason Reid (D-NV), "It worked, didn't it?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
she prefers Obama's approach in giving in to every demand.

"Demanding" anything doesn't apply when the two parties are simpatico.  But I get your point because what passes for demands are a facade to fool the rubes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline GourmetDan

'Threats and temper tantrums are no way to negotiate'

Yes they are...
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Threats and temper tantrums are not enough!  Must be backed by real action.  I guess we will all see what the next few weeks will bring.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Threats and temper tantrums are not enough!  Must be backed by real action.  I guess we will all see what the next few weeks will bring.

WE all know you are going to church and praying......for the fail.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

...because apparently they work.

Worked so well the President has moved on to important Fox News viewing...

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
1 hour ago

Just watched the Great @Rick24Barry, Basketball Hall of Famer, on the @marklevinshow @FoxNews. A wonderful interview of a very smart and interesting guy by the man, Mark Levin, who has the number one bestselling book, Unfreedom of the Press. Two Winners!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Pelosi, the Left Wing Communist
sayes everyday that she 'prays' for Trump
This woman Communist Leftist bitch would not know 'prayer'
Even if it spit her in her eye.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

Seems just yesterday he was reaffirming how smart and interesting Omarosa was.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

Seems just yesterday he was reaffirming how smart and interesting Omarosa was.

Who?

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I wonder which stocks the Trump family shorted this week?

Offline Wingnut

I wonder which stocks the Trump family shorted this week?

I wonder how many hitmen the Clinton Crime Family paid for services rendered this week.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder how many hitmen the Clinton Crime Family paid for services rendered this week.

Somebody has been offing former Republican Senators in AR an OK.   :pondering:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

Somebody has been offing former Republican Senators in AR an OK.   :pondering:

The Clinton stench is all over those bodies  and over Hillary's little brother who was executed today.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Clinton stench is all over those bodies  and over Hillary's little brother who was executed today.

He was only 65.
I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Paid?  As in, "were allowed to continue breathing"?  I'm pretty sure you don't get paid in cash from the CCF if your last name isn't Hubbel, er, Clinton.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Wingnut