Author Topic: Texas Moves to Allow Feral Hog Hunting without License  (Read 480 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Moves to Allow Feral Hog Hunting without License
« on: June 04, 2019, 10:33:30 pm »
SlickGuns News by Chris Eger June 4, 2019

Texas Gov. Gregg Abbott has signed a popular bill that would allow feral hogs to be taken in the Lone Star State without a hunting license.

Sponsored by state Sen. Bryan Hughes, R-Mineola, SB 317 is designed to cut away layers of red tape when it comes to combating the growing scourge of wild hogs in the Lone Star State. Approved unanimously in the Texas Senate and only garnering two “no” votes in the House, Abbott, a Republican, signed the bill last week.

Under current law, feral hogs must cause damage on a landowner’s property in order to be hunted without a license. SB 317 amends Texas wildlife code to allow any person, with the consent of the landowner, to take hogs without having a license. Classified as nuisance wildlife by the state, hogs damage crops and upset local ecosystems.

More: https://slickgunsnews.com/texas-moves-to-allow-feral-hog-hunting-without-license/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Texas Moves to Allow Feral Hog Hunting without License
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 11:47:42 pm »
I guess that's good, but hogs cause damage where ever they live so it isn't an issue to my knowledge.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 02:58:15 am »
I guess that's good, but hogs cause damage where ever they live so it isn't an issue to my knowledge.

I guess that depends on how many hunters have been written up by Fish and Game (or whatever it's called there).  That would be the nuisance. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 04:18:27 am »
Jimbo
   Boys, looky there. That there's a Rocky Mountain black bear ...one of the few remaining of its kind. Isn't it beautiful... By God, it's coming right for us!
   [Shoots it. It is hit and flips off the mound it was on.]
Stan
   Hey, it wasn't coming right for us. It was just sitting there.
Jimbo
   Shhh, not so loud. Now that there's just a technicality.
Kyle
   What do you mean?
Jimbo
   You see boys, the Democrats have passed a lot of laws trying to stop us from hunting.
Cartman
   Democrats piss me off!
Jimbo
   They say we can't shoot certain animals anymore, unless they're posing an immediate threat. Therefore, before we shoot somethin', we have to say 'It's coming right for us.'
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.