Author Topic: It’s Time For The Supreme Court To Make States Stop Ignoring The Second Amendment  (Read 12003 times)

Offline skeeter

Most of those laws have little effect because they are largely ignored by everyone and especially so with the lawless element who don't give one hoot in hell what the law does or doesn't say.

The last thing CA, NY etc want is for their infringements to be tested by SCOTUS. Not yet at least.

THATS how much confidence they have that their ‘reasonable regulations’ can pass constitutional muster.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 07:49:39 pm by skeeter »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The last thing CA, NY etc want is for their infringements to be tested by SCOTUS. Not yet at least.

THATS how much confidence they have that their ‘reasonable regulations’ can pass constitutional muster.
That has to be challenged on the Federal level. Neither State has a RKBA written in their State Constitution (two of the six who don't).

If the Federal RKBA isn't enough, then Roe should not apply to the States, either.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 07:52:36 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39

It's also why NYC has tried to back out of their impending date with the SCOTUS by changing their restrictions on gun owners by forcing them to keep guns within the city limits.

They know they're gonna get spanked over it at the federal level.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

That has to be challenged on the Federal level. Neither State has a RKBA written in their State Constitution (two of the six who don't).

If the Federal RKBA isn't enough, then Roe should not apply to the States, either.
I do not see how anyone could interpret the constitution as not applying RKBA to all states.

Conversely I do not see how anyone can find the specific right to an abortion as an accessory to some nebulous right to privacy.

But then I’m not a student of the law. I just happen to be conversant in English.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
I do not see how anyone could interpret the constitution as not applying RKBA to all states.

Conversely I do not see how anyone can find the specific right to an abortion as an accessory to some nebulous right to privacy.

But then I’m not a student of the law. I just happen to be conversant in English.

You can't see it because you don't think like your average Liberal.

You're smarter than that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

If I recall your list correctly, HI has RKBA has it in their Constitution but they pull the same crap as CA, using their "reasonable" registration lists to justify seizing the weapons of people who foolishly got Medical Marijuana cards.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

I completely agree on both counts. However, the Liberals risk a rhetorical trap. Even the contortions of the legal profession cannot permit them to have it both ways.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Welcome to the Imbecile Club, bro!   :beer:

We have meetings every day at...um...I forgot.  Maybe I never knew the time and place because of all that tinfoil wrapped around my head.  333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I completely agree on both counts. However, the Liberals risk a rhetorical trap. Even the contortions of the legal profession cannot permit them to have it both ways.

It's not a trap if they don't step in it.  They'll just call you too stupid to grasp what they call "the law," or simply call you paranoid while ignoring the blindingly obvious.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

Welcome to the Imbecile Club, bro!   :beer:

We have meetings every day at...um...I forgot.  Maybe I never knew the time and place because of all that tinfoil wrapped around my head.  333cleo

Well when you remember let me know. I’ll bring the nachos and wine coolers.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well when you remember let me know. I’ll bring the nachos and wine coolers.

Oh!  I remember!  My private bar at the Castle, 5PM.  I have the salsa and beer keg, along with more liquor than I know what to do with.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

If I recall your list correctly, HI has RKBA has it in their Constitution but they pull the same crap as CA, using their "reasonable" registration lists to justify seizing the weapons of people who foolishly got Medical Marijuana cards.
One of the specific proscriptions on the Form 4473 is "have you ever been a user of or addicted to marijuana...", among other drugs. Someone played 'rope a dope' in HI.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
One of the specific proscriptions on the Form 4473 is "have you ever been a user of or addicted to marijuana...", among other drugs. Someone played 'rope a dope' in HI.

They are also using a Federal form to justify their State actions.  The Feds can stop that whenever they want to.  And, yeah, you got the "dope" part correct.  One would have to be a major-league dunce to apply for a MM card when one has registered firearms in the house.  The black market for weed has existed for much longer than my lifetime.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:20:27 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

They are also using a Federal form to justify their State actions.  And, yeah, you got the "dope" part correct.  One would have to be a major-league dunce to apply for a MM card when one has registered firearms in the house.  The black market for weed has existed for much longer than my lifetime.
Firearms, too....

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

I thought the question was worded: "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana..."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought the question was worded: "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana..."

Correct.  Line 11, question e.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

I stand corrected. It's still rope a dope.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
If it was the way you worded it, then if one ever took a drag off a joint then he would be forever forbidden from purchasing a firearm.

Offline Smokin Joe

If it was the way you worded it, then if one ever took a drag off a joint then he would be forever forbidden from purchasing a firearm.
True enough.

C S Lewis