Author Topic: Glenn Beck calls on Justin Amash to run… in 2024  (Read 479 times)

Offline corbe

Glenn Beck calls on Justin Amash to run… in 2024
« on: June 02, 2019, 03:38:30 pm »
Glenn Beck calls on Justin Amash to run… in 2024

Published 8 hours ago on June 2, 2019   

By JD Rucker ï‚™

Former NeverTrumper turned MAGA-hat minstrel Glenn Beck made a brave yet confusing statement today on Twitter. On one hand, he praised Representative Justin Amash for a Tweet affirming his commitment to defend the Constitution while not catering to any party (GOP) or person (President Trump). On the other hand, he called on him to run for President… in 2024.

Many Republicans have attacked Amash for being the lone Republican in Congress calling for impeachment of the President. He has become anathema to the MAGA crowd while becoming an instant hero to both NeverTrump Republicans and anti-GOP Libertarians. And both groups have been calling on him to run for President in 2020, either as a Republican primary candidate or as a straight Libertarian.

Beck has been the punching bag for both sides of the Trump coin since the 2016 primaries. First, he was a heralded supporter of Senator Ted Cruz before Cruz dropped out and eventually endorsed Trump, drawing the ire of the MAGA crowd. But then his recent shift to supporting the President was seen as a betrayal by the NeverTrumpers. His recent actions may be seen as a way of testing the waters to see if the NeverTrumpers will let him back in the club, as he was never fully embraced by the MAGA crowd.

Here’s his Tweet:

<..snip..>

https://noqreport.com/2019/06/02/glenn-beck-calls-justin-amash-run-2024/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Glenn Beck calls on Justin Amash to run… in 2024
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 05:31:18 pm »
I thought that sounded odd, so I looked at Beck's Twitter page.  Not only is this not on there, I don't see any tweets about Amash at all. 

Offline corbe

Re: Glenn Beck calls on Justin Amash to run… in 2024
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 05:47:03 pm »
   This is the tweet JD is referring to (FTA).

Glenn Beck
 âœ”  @glennbeck 

@justinamash is the man we on the right have waited for my whole life.  He has the best conservative voting record in Congress.  He does what he says he will do, AND never hides from voters. I hope he runs in 2024. He takes his oath seriously. Thank you JA.

Justin Amash
 âœ”  @justinamash
I swear an oath to support and defend the Constitution, not an oath to do the bidding of one man or one political party. We have a constitutional republic to uphold liberty and the Rule of Law, not a direct democracy to serve some at the expense of others.

12:41 AM - Jun 2, 2019
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.