Author Topic: How private funds finance Trump’s promised wall  (Read 273 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
How private funds finance Trump’s promised wall
« on: June 02, 2019, 01:07:02 am »
How private funds finance Trump’s promised wall
Twenty million dollars were raised for the construction of the wall on the border with Mexico.
News North America United States
By Mamela Fiallo Last updated May 30, 2019

After a judge prevented Trump from building the fence on the Mexican border, citizens did so with private funds. (We Build the Wall)

Private funds financed the construction of the first kilometer of the wall between the USA and Mexico on the last weekend of May. As soon as a federal judge prevented Donald Trump’s government from constructing the wall at the state level, private donations financed the construction of the wall on private property.

From his tour to Japan, Trump accused Obama appointee Judge Haywood Gilliam Jr. of obstructing the construction of the wall which is being built since the term of Democratic president Bill Clinton.
Subscribe free to our daily newsletter

“This is a ruling against border security and in favor of crime, drugs, and human trafficking. We are asking for an expedited appeal!”
exclaimed Trump who filed an appeal on 25th May against the Friday ruling.

Read more at: https://panampost.com/mamela-fiallo/2019/05/30/how-private-funds-finance-trumps-promised-wall/

Not much of the wall built but there are other takeaways to the article.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: How private funds finance Trump’s promised wall
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 02:29:53 am »
I read another article that was more explicit in saying that this small new section actually closed a major gap in the existing border protection, so while it may not sound like much in the abstract, I'll bet it's a BFD to the locals.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.