Author Topic: You can't win a war against a dead hero  (Read 245 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You can't win a war against a dead hero
« on: May 30, 2019, 07:52:01 pm »
You can't win a war against a dead hero
by Tiana Lowe
 | May 30, 2019 03:16 PM

President Trump has decided to double down and continue his crusade against a dead war hero.

Amid reports that the White House directed the Navy to keep the USS John McCain "out of sight" during Trump's visit to Japan (without Trump's knowledge), the president decided to weigh in to the press.

"I was very angry with John McCain because he killed healthcare. I was not a big fan of John McCain in any way, shape, or form. I think John McCain had a lot with getting President Bush — a lot to do with it to go into the Middle East, which was a catastrophe," Trump said en route to Colorado. "To me, John McCain, I wasn’t a fan. But I would never do a thing like that. Somebody did it because they thought I didn't like him. They were well-meaning, I will say."

Trump has a unique ability to troll his enemies into derangement. On the campaign trail, he touted Muslim bans and 2,000-mile concrete walls. But as president, he's managed to cajole Democrats into embracing literal open borders. During the early stages of the Mueller investigation, Trump called it witch hunt. But now that Democrats still want to chase uncharged and potentially nonexistent process crimes, the House has actually sort of began a witch hunt.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/you-cant-win-a-war-against-a-dead-hero
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: You can't win a war against a dead hero
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 08:39:58 pm »
Surely there is one or more individuals with actual knowledge of this incident.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 08:44:15 pm »

Besides the ones who make this stuff up and twist it?   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 08:54:41 pm »

In the main thread on the topic, WSJ doubled down this afternoon and said they have multiple Navy sources including the Secretary of the Navy and even a picture of the tarp covering the name.

It isn't like the WSJ to BS, they are one of the most reliable.

That doesn't mean the president ordered it (they didn't actually claim that), probably just some staffer making assumptions.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 11:22:42 pm »
In the main thread on the topic, WSJ doubled down this afternoon and said they have multiple Navy sources including the Secretary of the Navy and even a picture of the tarp covering the name.

It isn't like the WSJ to BS, they are one of the most reliable.

That doesn't mean the president ordered it (they didn't actually claim that), probably just some staffer making assumptions.

Assumptions make an ass out of the Press. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.