Author Topic: ‘I is for Intifada’: Children’s ABC book, ‘P is for Palestine’ sparks outrage in NJ town library  (Read 448 times)

rangerrebew

‘I is for Intifada’: Children’s ABC book, ‘P is for Palestine’ sparks outrage in NJ town library
May 18, 2019 | Victor Rantala | Print Article

Members of the Jewish community in Highland Park, New Jersey, are trying to stop the local library from putting on its shelves a children’s alphabet book called “P is for Palestine.” The book’s author, Golbarg Bashi, is an Iranian-American whose past works also have stirred emotions, according to WABC TV.

The Highland Park Library temporarily removed the book and postponed a public reading of the book after receiving a steady stream of complaints claiming the book introduces violence and anti-semitism to youngsters.

“It’s being used to teach little children about how great the Palestinians are and we should murder the Jews, that’s the bottom line,” Rabbi Bernhard Rosenberg said.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/05/18/i-is-for-intifada-childrens-abc-book-p-is-for-palestine-sparks-outrage-in-nj-town-library-755903
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 03:27:56 pm by rangerrebew »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The book was self-published by the Iranian author. :whistle:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline dfwgator

The book was self-published by the Iranian author. :whistle:

Kids. They blow up so fast these days.

Offline Millee

This is the diversity lefty tells us we have to celebrate, right??  *****rollingeyes*****