Author Topic: Mauro to Tracker: ‘Shame on You’ for Sharing My Attack on Ernst’s Military Service  (Read 253 times)

rangerrebew

Mauro to Tracker: ‘Shame on You’ for Sharing My Attack on Ernst’s Military Service

BY: Brent Scher   
May 23, 2019 5:15 pm

The Iowa Democratic Senate candidate who launched his campaign by criticizing Sen. Joni Ernst's (R., Iowa) military service denied doing so on Thursday, lashing out at the man who recorded the initial comment.

Eddie Mauro's initial comment, made during his campaign launch event, was that Ernst's military experience had conditioned her to "fall in line" as a senator.

"Joni Ernst served our country in the National Guard, I applaud her for that, I respect that," Mauro said in a comment recorded by a tracker from America Rising, a conservative group. "I would argue, though, that this kind of service is a little bit different. In military service, you kind of fall in line, they tell you what to do and you do what they tell you to do, that's what it's supposed to be about. In public service I think there are times you need to step out of line to say, I'm sorry Mr. Trump, you're wrong."

https://freebeacon.com/politics/mauro-to-tracker-shame-on-you-for-sharing-my-attack-on-ernsts-military-service/

Offline Night Hides Not

What absolute horse$hit, designed for the masses who are challenged when it comes to cognitive thinking.

I held positions in the Army where I had more freedom on the job than I did in civilian life. As a Battalion Supply Officer, my boss (the Battalion Commander) had one directive, "keep me out of jail." During my next assignment, he placed me in an O-5 slot as his operations officer. I had implied power from the time I walked into that unit as a young Captain. Others knew we had served together in Germany, but my competence in the responsibility he had given me soon overrode their concerns.

This jerk Mauro was a teacher and a business owner. I'm sure when he made his decisions, his underlings were expected to "fall in line".

The best response that Ernst could give is to highlight the independence pilots are given when they're flying a sortie. A hallmark of the American military is the ability to adapt as conditions change on the battlefield.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.