Author Topic: A Growing Border Crisis  (Read 259 times)

rangerrebew

A Growing Border Crisis
« on: May 25, 2019, 01:13:40 pm »
A Growing Border Crisis
A report from Arizona

By John Wahala on May 24, 2019

Amidst recent talk of growing caravans and states of emergency, the Center for Immigration Studies completed its eighth border tour earlier this spring, traveling in the Border Patrol's Tucson Sector, from Nogales, Ariz., to the New Mexico state line.

On the ever changing border, the latest national story is the exponential increase in the number of people making credible fear claims in hopes of getting asylum, something that was not happening a few years ago. While the Tucson Sector has yet to experience the crush of asylum seekers that are arriving in the Rio Grande Valley, the numbers are increasing, as are the number of overall apprehensions. To the west in Yuma, the mayor has declared a state of emergency to handle the growing influx. To the east, undeveloped parts of New Mexico are seeing large numbers of illegal crossers and drug smugglers for perhaps the first time. The pressure being exerted on the surrounding areas of the border has prompted authorities who lack detention space to bus apprehended migrants to Tucson for release rather than let them go in areas that are already overwhelmed.

https://cis.org/Wahala/Growing-Border-Crisis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: A Growing Border Crisis
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 10:55:58 pm »
I said this a year ago, I'll say it again:

The only way to stop this is with U.S. Army troops the entire length of the border who are prepared to DEFEND that border with physical force as required.

Then, get busy building an imposing border barrier.
The "examples" I've seen are... well, they're wimpy.
Build something like the Israelis have, and enforce it as did the East German Stasi along the Berlin Wall.

If you want to "keep them out", that's what we're going to have to do.
Like it or not.

I've made my decision.
What's yours...?