Author Topic: Was George S. Patton Murdered? New Light on an Old Conspiracy  (Read 1471 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Was George S. Patton Murdered? New Light on an Old Conspiracy
by Peter Cross

When one thinks about the major conspiracy theories of the post-World War II era, one is drawn to the assassinations of President John F. Kennedy, Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., and Senator Robert F. Kennedy. However, there is one incident that happened at the end of World War II that has been given little or no notice by historians since it occurred more than 60 years ago.

This story can be found in theJanuary 2015 issue of Military Heritage Magazine. Pick up your copy today!

That event is the mysterious death of George S. Patton, Jr., one of the most famous generals in U.S. military history. The life of George Patton was brought to the big screen in the blockbuster 1970 movie Patton, starring George C. Scott, which told his story to a mass audience. Another movie based on the circumstances surrounding the death of Patton was Brass Target, based on Frederick Nolan’s novel The Algonquin Project. The theme of Brass Target is that there was a vast conspiracy to kill Patton, part of which was the auto accident that he was involved in after the war.

Read more at: https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/wwii/was-george-s-patton-murdered-new-light-on-an-old-conspiracy/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Was George S. Patton Murdered? New Light on an Old Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 03:45:32 am »
Was he? I don't know but my parents who were in Hungary at the time said it was believed by many of the people in Europe that he was.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 03:46:32 am by GtHawk »

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 03:54:16 am »
   He did want to go kick some Ruskies azz, all the way to Moscow, proving that he could do what Napoleon and Hitler failed to do and Truman was having none of that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 01:53:45 pm »
I'm not saying he wasn't, but the theorists need to come up with better motives than "his superiors were mad at him" or "the Russians were afraid he was going to attack them".