Author Topic: 'I would certainly send troops if we need them': Trump is open to beefed-up Middle East military de  (Read 261 times)

rangerrebew

'I would certainly send troops if we need them': Trump is open to beefed-up Middle East military deployment of 10,000 to counter 'nation of terror' Iran – but insists the U.S. shouldn't have been there in the first place

President Trump says he's open to a new military deployment in the Middle East to counter Iran but 'I don't think we'll need them'
    'If we need it we'll be there in whatever number we need,' Trump told reporters at the White House
    Pentagon officials are briefing the White House on deploying 10,000 more troops to the Middle East, as well as more ships and Patriot missile batteries
    Troops would be 'defensive' but plan comes amid mounting tensions in the Gulf and questions from Democrats over whether there is a deliberate push to war
    The USS Abraham Lincoln carrier strike group and four B-52 strategic bombers have already been deployed to the Gulf region
    The president said he doesn't think the U.S. should ever have engaged militarily in the Middle East as a response to the 9/11 terror attacks

By David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor For Dailymail.com and Wires

Published: 17:14 EDT, 23 May 2019 | Updated: 17:50 EDT, 23 May 2019

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7064693/I-certainly-send-troops-need-Trump-open-new-Middle-East-deployment.html

rangerrebew

Trump mulls proposal to beef up US troops in Middle East, as tensions with Iran flare

By Gregg Re

Published May 23, 2019
Fox News

The Pentagon on Thursday presented proposals to the White House at a meeting on sending military reinforcements to the Middle East to beef up defenses against Iran amid heightened tensions in the region, Fox News has learned.

Meanwhile, in comments aired by Iranian state-run media, Major General Mohammad Hossein Baqeri, the Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces, declared that the U.S. was an "arrogant and pharaonic threat" that invited "all Iranians to enter the fields of jihad, full alert, and the mobilization of more power."

"Our hands are on the trigger and we are firmly prepared to annihilate any aggressor and greedy eyes against the Islamic Iran," Baqueri added.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pentagon-presents-plans-to-beef-up-us-troops-in-middle-east-as-tensions-with-iran-flare