Author Topic: How many troops to the Mideast? Media’s got it wrong says acting SecDef  (Read 272 times)

rangerrebew

How many troops to the Mideast? Media’s got it wrong says acting SecDef
By: Kyle Rempfer   13 hours ago

The Pentagon is not considering an influx of 5,000 to 10,000 U.S. troops into U.S. Central Command’s area of operations, the acting secretary of defense said Thursday.

Several news outlets reported Wednesday that the Defense Department was considering a request from Gen. Kenneth McKenzie Jr., the CENTCOM commander, to strengthen his defenses against potential Iranian threats by sending additional U.S. forces.

“I got up this morning and read that we were sending 10,000 troops to the Middle East and then I read about, more recently, there’s 5,000,” Acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan told the press pool Thursday.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2019/05/23/how-many-troops-to-the-mideast-medias-got-it-wrong-says-acting-secdef/

rangerrebew

There has been very little on the Marines in the military websites I regularly visit which makes me wonder if they are doing something the Corps is trying to keep silent. :shrug: