Author Topic: Trump cuts-off talks with Dems after Pelosi accuses him of cover-up  (Read 504 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump cuts-off talks with Dems after Pelosi accuses him of cover-up
By Jordan Fabian - 05/22/19 11:53 AM EDT

President Trump cut off infrastructure talks with congressional Democratic leaders and lit into them during an appearance at the White House Rose Garden after Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said he was  “engaged in a cover up.”

“I don’t do cover ups,” Trump said in his remarks, shortly after leaving the meeting with Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.).

“I walked into the room and I told Senator Schumer and Speaker Pelosi that I want to do infrastructure ... but you know what, you can’t do it under these circumstances," he said.

While the appearance was sudden, it may not have been unplanned.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/445005-trump-rails-on-dems-after-pelosi-accuses-him-of-cover-up
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to Pelosi and Schumer: No infrastructure deal unless the investigations stop
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-to-pelosi-and-schumer-no-infrastructure-deal-unless-the-investigations-stop
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

One more example of the difference between Trump and previous republican presidents.

Of course The Hill tries to get a shot in by implying that since the president had a placard with details concerning the collusion/coverup probe was taped to his podium this was a staged event, but what the hell do they think the press always wants to talk about?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 04:28:34 pm by skeeter »

Offline bilo

One more example of the difference between Trump and previous republican presidents.

Man oh man, this is great! It's long past time to stop these two-faced routines.

Trump is a breath of fresh air.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Katie Rogers
 Verified account

@katierogers
 Follow Follow @katierogers

Per person familiar with what happened in the room before this Rose Garden presser: POTUS did not sit down or shake anyone’s hand. He told Dems that “once your investigation is done – we can talk about these things.” And then he left the room before anyone else could speak.

8:53 AM - 22 May 2019

https://twitter.com/katierogers/status/1131226676413784070

I love this President!   :patriot:

Offline dfwgator

'No more meetin's, no more discussions, no more Pelosi tricks!'

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It was clearly planned.  So what?  All that means is that Pelosi and Schumer ended up being turned into nothing more than props for Trump.

The truth is that an infrastructure deal was never going to go anywhere because the Democrats would never give Trump that big of a political victory anyway.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Here's what the President said and did--

“I walked into the room and I told Sen. Schumer, Speaker Pelosi, I want to do infrastructure. I want to do it more than you want to do it. I'd be really good at that. That's what I do,” Trump said. “But you know what? You can't do it under these circumstances — so get these phony investigations over with.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-to-pelosi-and-schumer-no-infrastructure-deal-unless-the-investigations-stop

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

The truth is that an infrastructure deal was never going to go anywhere because the Democrats would never give Trump that big of a political victory anyway.

It has become all to evident that if "it" was purposed by Trump it will be opposed by the rats on the hill. 

Their hate is all consuming.   

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

I love this President!   :patriot:

This is the "Good" Trump.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump cuts-off talks with Dems after Pelosi accuses him of cover-up
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 05:13:49 pm »
Trump to Pelosi and Schumer: No infrastructure deal unless the investigations stop

I think it should be no infrastructure until borders secure.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 05:14:53 pm »
So rather than letting the blame fall on the democrats,  Trump owns the lack of communication and/or progress on infrastructure.
How clever, our guy, always playing 10 dimensional chess, or something.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 05:17:51 pm »
Isn’t this the same guy that signed a bipartisan spending and criminal justice reform bill, in the midst of the investigation?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 05:19:24 pm »
So rather than letting the blame fall on the democrats,  Trump owns the lack of communication and/or progress on infrastructure.
How clever, our guy, always playing 10 dimensional chess, or something.

You don't care one way or the other.  Just as long as you can hate on Trump.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 06:06:32 pm »
   This is very good news because WE (The American Taxpayer) can't afford this $2T Infrastructure boondoggle anyway.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.