Author Topic: Rex Tillerson Secretly Meets With House Foreign Affairs Committee to Talk Trump  (Read 434 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Rex Tillerson Secretly Meets With House Foreign Affairs Committee to Talk Trump
By Erin.Banco@thedailybeast.com (Erin Banco)
1 hr ago

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was spotted entering a congressional office building on Tuesday morning for what a committee aide told The Daily Beast was a meeting with the leaders of the House Foreign Affairs committee and relevant staff about his time working in the Trump administration.

Tillerson’s appearance took place as virtually every other Trumpworld luminary has been stonewalling congressional oversight efforts. At the same time that the former Secretary of State was speaking before lawmakers, former White House counsel Don McGahn was ignoring a subpoena to testify in front of the House Judiciary Committee.

Tillerson’s arrival at the Capitol was handled with extreme secrecy. No media advisories or press releases were sent out announcing his appearance. And he took a little noticed route into the building in order to avoid being seen by members of the media.

Tillerson had a notoriously prickly relationship with the president, reportedly calling him a “moron” in private. But he was present during critical moments of the administration, including Trump’s 2017 private meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Hamburg, Germany.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rex-tillerson-secretly-meets-with-house-foreign-affairs-committee-to-talk-trump/ar-AABH8gu?ocid=spartanntp
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Will he testify from the can?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
He met with a Republican Congressman from Texas as well as a Democrat.  (Committee Chairman Eliot Engel (D-NY) and ranking member Michael McCaul (R-TX) )  Wonder what the take away was from the Republican Congressman?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rex-tillerson-secretly-meets-with-house-foreign-affairs-committee-to-talk-trump/ar-AABH8gu?ocid=spartandhp
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 02:20:05 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/opinion/ct-ptb-milbank-column-st-1211-story.html

"So often," Rex Tillerson said in a talk Thursday, "the president would say, 'Here's what I want you to do, and here's how I want you to do it.' And I would have to say to him, 'Mr. President, I understand what you want to do. But you can't do it that way. It violates the law.'"

To this, Trump responded with a well-reasoned legal defense: Tillerson "was dumb as a rock" and "lazy as hell."

Too lazy to cheat like a winner!!! :patriot: #MAGA

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/opinion/ct-ptb-milbank-column-st-1211-story.html

Too lazy to cheat like a winner!!! :patriot: #MAGA

All he knows is the Art of the deal.  Which means make the sucker believe it even if it isn't true.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.