Author Topic: Fox News’ Brit Hume: Buttigieg 'most impressive' candidate since Obama  (Read 3271 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox News’ Brit Hume: Buttigieg 'most impressive' candidate since Obama
by Caitlin Yilek
 | May 21, 2019 09:00 AM

Fox News political analyst Brit Hume called 2020 Democratic hopeful Pete Buttigieg the “most impressive” candidate since former President Obama ran for the White House in 2008.

“I think Pete Buttigieg is the most impressive, by far, candidate in terms of just raw political talent in the Democratic field, and he may be the most impressive candidate I’ve seen since the emergence of Barack Obama. He is as fluid as he can be. He seems to have something to say about nearly every issue. He seems comfortable on the big stage, articulate, even humorous,” he said Monday.

Hume’s comments follow President Trump’s criticism of the cable news network for hosting a town hall with the South Bend, Ind., mayor Sunday. Trump said Fox News was “wasting airtime” on the Democrat, whom he refers to as Alfred E. Neuman, a fictitious character who graced the cover of Mad magazine for decades.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fox-news-brit-hume-buttigieg-most-impressive-candidate-since-obama
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Yes, Buttdigger is pretty good at couching his communist views in soothing language.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

Obviously Brit's definition of 'most impressive' is far different than mine.  I think Butt is a disgrace...and that's just the beginning of my opinion.  888mouth
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Obviously Brit's definition of 'most impressive' is far different than mine.  I think Butt is a disgrace...and that's just the beginning of my opinion.  888mouth

I'm pretty sure he means it in a different way.  It's a clinical turn of words, like describing a Protozoa under a microscope.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Putting his politics aside (which are depressingly progressive and suggest hostility toward the Constitution),   I agree with Hume's basic point -  compared to the other Dems in the race,  Buttigieg laps the field.    He is smart, politically talented and unafraid to make his pitch outside of his own base.   Most of the other candidates range from nasty/snarky (Harris)  to brain-dead stupid (Swalwell).   
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 04:52:09 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Applewood

Putting his politics aside (which are depressingly progressive and suggest hostility toward the Constitution),   I agree with Hume's basic point -  compared to the other Dems in the race,  Buttigieg laps the field.    He is smart, politically talented and unafraid to make his pitch outside of his own base.   Most of the other candidates range from nasty/snarky (Harris)  to brain-dead stupid (that California Rep. that's always on MSNBC).   

Personally, I think Buttigieg is "impressive" in that he is making a big splash now.  But in the end,  I don't see him appealing to that many people outside of gays like himself. Once the other 20-something candidates really get going, Buttigieg will be left in the dust. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Personally, I think Buttigieg is "impressive" in that he is making a big splash now.  But in the end,  I don't see him appealing to that many people outside of gays like himself. Once the other 20-something candidates really get going, Buttigieg will be left in the dust.

I can see Buttigieg having widespread appeal among liberal whites and millennials.  His roadblock,  however,  will be black and Hispanic voters,  where he will generate little enthusiasm.   

Offline verga

Isn't comparing him to an empty suit really just damning him with faint praise.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Isn't comparing him to an empty suit really just damning him with faint praise.

LOL!  Yup!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

Putting his politics aside (which are depressingly progressive and suggest hostility toward the Constitution),   I agree with Hume's basic point -  compared to the other Dems in the race,  Buttigieg laps the field.    He is smart, politically talented and unafraid to make his pitch outside of his own base.   Most of the other candidates range from nasty/snarky (Harris)  to brain-dead stupid (Swalwell).   

Believing as I do, that it's Biden's nomination to lose, it's good to keep Buttigieg in the race, because he's going to keep pushing Biden to the Left, and frustrate Biden's efforts to appeal to the Center.

Offline Rivergirl

Mayor Pete.   Rhodes Scholar
Naval Intelligence Officer
Afghanistan War Veteran
Elected Official in Indiana

Offline Victoria33

I'm pretty sure he means it in a different way.  It's a clinical turn of words, like describing a Protozoa under a microscope.
@Cyber Liberty

I saw Trump this morning and he said :  "What is wrong with Fox News? Fox News is having more Democrat candidates than Republican.  What is wrong with Fox News?"

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I could be wrong, but I thought it was Trump and Weld so far on the Republican side of the fence.  Fox has gone liberal except for a couple programs, and that will soon change too.  I see Hannity out at some point.

If more Republicans announce they are running, they will be offered town halls too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I saw Trump this morning and he said :  "What is wrong with Fox News? Fox News is having more Democrat candidates than Republican.  What is wrong with Fox News?"

Trump is simply wrong about this.  He can't possibly expect an amount of face time equivalent to the whole Clown Car Rat Primaries.  I'm with Fox on this 100%, they should have had the town hall with Buttiwhatever.
I will NOT comply.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I haven't been paying attention, but what exactly is Butterball's qualification to be Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces? He is a slick talker like Obama? Does he have any experience outside politics (aka like Obama's lack of)?

Offline ABX

@Cyber Liberty

I'm glad to see Trump is coming around to having a primary on the Republican side too. Let's get some candidates out there so he can see more on Fox.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I haven't been paying attention, but what exactly is Butterball's qualification to be Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces? He is a slick talker like Obama? Does he have any experience outside politics (aka like Obama's lack of)?

Although I could be mistaken, I believe he is the only candidate of either party who previously served in the active United States armed forces.   And he served in a war zone.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:12:19 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Absalom

Butt Boy's notoriety derives from his flamboyant homosexuality. Period.
Trump has one friend, sorta, in the media yet he's kicking them in the shins?
What a brilliant reaction, huh!!!

Offline ABX

Although I could be mistaken, I believe he is the only candidate of either party who previously served in the active United States armed forces.   And he served in a war zone.

Didn't know that.. may need to look Butterfinger up, that may make him a potential formidable opponent. Tulsi Gabbard also is a vet.

Offline Applewood

Don't have to serve in the Armed Forces to be CIC.  The current president didn't serve and neither did the last one.  Clinton didn't serve either. 

But these guys all like to think they know military strategy, how and when to wage war, etc.  The title conveys too much power, IMO, and should be eliminated.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Buttdigger served six years in the Naval Reserves. His six months riding a desk in Afghanistan is mighty impressive/s
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Buttdigger served six years in the Naval Reserves. His six months riding a desk in Afghanistan is mighty impressive/s

It's more impressive than Trump's rich-boy draft-dodging.   Remember his crack that his "personal Vietnam" was his battle to avoid STDs?    And you (and others) keep referring to Buttigieg derisively as "Buttdigger" and worse.    At least the man's been faithful to his spouse, unlike our thrice-married President.   

Online Right_in_Virginia

Butti-Bust? Support for Pete Buttigieg Dips in the Polls
Breitbart, May 21, 2019

Mayor Pete Buttigieg appears to be experiencing a national polling slump, according to a new Quinnipiac poll.

The current mayor of South Bend now has five percent support, down five points from his peak of ten percent support at the end of April.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/21/butti-bust-support-for-pete-buttigieg-dips-in-the-polls/

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
It's more impressive than Trump's rich-boy draft-dodging.   Remember his crack that his "personal Vietnam" was his battle to avoid STDs?    And you (and others) keep referring to Buttigieg derisively as "Buttdigger" and worse.    At least the man's been faithful to his spouse, unlike our thrice-married President.

It has been pointed out to you several times:  this so called marriage occurred less than 1 year ago on June 16, 2018.  Why is it that you constantly spam this forum with your crappy spin?  You are a propagandizing fraud.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It has been pointed out to you several times:  this so called marriage occurred less than 1 year ago on June 16, 2018.  Why is it that you constantly spam this forum with your crappy spin?  You are a propagandizing fraud.

Any port in a storm, @EdJames.
I will NOT comply.