Author Topic: Trump could pardon Navy SEAL Gallagher, others accused of war crimes: New York Times  (Read 233 times)

rangerrebew

Trump could pardon Navy SEAL Gallagher, others accused of war crimes: New York Times

May 20, 2019 Melissa Leon

President Donald Trump is preparing to review pardons for Navy SEAL Chief Eddie Gallagher and Army Maj. Matthew Golsteyn, and possibly other U.S. service members accused of crimes, The New York Times reported over the weekend.

Trump could pardon the service members on Memorial Day or around that time, and he has asked the Justice Department to prepare the necessary paperwork for that timeframe, The Times said, citing two unnamed U.S. officials.

Gallagher, a 15-year Navy SEAL, is charged with premeditated murder, accused of stabbing and killing a critically wounded ISIS fighter during a 2017 deployment to Mosul. He is also accused of shooting at unarmed civilians. He has pleaded not guilty, and his trial is set to begin May 28.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/05/trump-could-pardon-navy-seal-gallagher-others-accused-of-war-crimes-nyt/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Let them all go. Give them medals and parades.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And? What if he did, I'm sure they are 100% more deserving than the terrorists Clinton and Obama pardoned, or the criminal illegals that some governors have pardoned.