Author Topic: GOP lawmaker: Trump has engaged in multiple actions that 'meet the threshold for impeachment'  (Read 8082 times)

Online corbe

GOP lawmaker: Trump has engaged in multiple actions that 'meet the threshold for impeachment'

By John Bowden - 05/18/19 04:09 PM EDT

A Michigan Republican and member of the House Freedom Caucus broke with his party Saturday in a rare series of tweets accusing President Trump of "impeachable conduct."

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) tweeted Saturday that the president's actions to potentially obstruct the now-shuttered special counsel investigation warrant impeachment by the House. He also accused Attorney General William Barr of "deliberately misrepresenting" Robert Mueller's report of the investigation's findings.

"Here are my principal conclusions: 1. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report. 2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct. 3. Partisanship has eroded our system of checks and balances. 4. Few members of Congress have read the report," Amash wrote Saturday afternoon.

"Mueller’s report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment," the Michigan Republican continued. "Mueller’s report identifies multiple examples of conduct satisfying all the elements of obstruction of justice, and undoubtedly any person who is not the president of the United States would be indicted based on such evidence."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/444416-gop-lawmaker-trump-has-engaged-in-multiple-actions-that-meet-threshold-for
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline rustynail

The walls are closing in.

Online corbe

Yep, @rustynail they got him, this time. 
   As much as I dislike his discombobulated twitter feed, brought to me by @Right_in_Virginia daily, I do love the fact that he trolls the dems so well just begging them to try and Impeach him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Much like the Tea Party the Freedom caucus is irrelevant today. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Justin Amash, the Republican by convenience who would run as a Libertarian if it stood any shot of winning anything.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Unbelievable.  I'm having trouble believing Amash said this.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Here is the bum's Twitter account: https://twitter.com/justinamash

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Here is the bum's Twitter account: https://twitter.com/justinamash

Thanks, Ed.  I should have been more specific, while I don't question that he said it (after reading his twitter feed), his line of thought is hard to understand - how he came to the conclusions that he came to. 

Offline dfwgator

Thanks, Ed.  I should have been more specific, while I don't question that he said it (after reading his twitter feed), his line of thought is hard to understand - how he came to the conclusions that he came to.

He wants to be known as the Democrats’ favorite Republican, now that Flake and McCain are gone.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

As I recall, this guy has been all over the map.  At times I can remember agreeing with some of his stands, other times his line of thought leaves me scratching my head.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
He wants to be known as the Democrats’ favorite Republican, now that Flake and McCain are gone.

Bingo!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

One of two possibilities - this is just the GOPE, trying to let Trump know he's beholden to them and had better tow the party line, or

Amash is being clever by baiting the rats into actually trying to impeach him, which would end very badly for them.

If there's ever been one thing the GOPe has not been its 'clever'.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Justin Amash becomes first Republican in Congress to call for Trump's impeachment
by Colin Wilhelm
 | May 18, 2019 05:24 PM

Rep. Justin Amash said that President Trump committed impeachable offenses during the course of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

The Michigan Republican also accused Attorney General William Barr of misleading the public as to Mueller’s findings from his investigation into Russian interference in the 2017 presidential election.

In a series of tweets posted Saturday, Amash, who has a reputation as an iconoclast within the Republican conference in the House of Representatives, said that Trump’s actions reached the threshold for impeachment. The Michigan Republican said he reached his conclusions about Trump and Barr after “carefully and completely” reading the public version of Mueller’s report and consulting with staff.

“Contrary to Barr’s portrayal, Mueller’s report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment,” wrote Amash, who said he believes that Trump obstructed justice during the course of the investigation.

“Mueller’s report identifies multiple examples of conduct satisfying all the elements of obstruction of justice, and undoubtedly any person who is not the president of the United States would be indicted based on such evidence,” Amash wrote.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/justin-amash-becomes-first-republican-in-congress-to-call-for-trumps-impeachment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
You do realize who Justin Amash is, right? He's so far to the right, the Republicans look liberal in comparison.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You do realize who Justin Amash is, right? He's so far to the right, the Republicans look liberal in comparison.

I admit I don't know much about Amash, but I can't see how impeachment talk based on very darn little is conservative.

Offline rustynail

Just like the Nixon times?

Offline Mod5

Online libertybele

That was my thought as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That was my thought as well.

He did, @libertybele!  Unless someone hijacked his Twitter account, he did say it and more. 

Offline LegalAmerican

Part of his site;.Below
Another Arab muslim in our congress.  They are told to lie to further their islamist agenda. HE SUPPORTS PHONY PALESTINE!  Guess how he was raised?   I guarantee it. 
--------------------------------------------------
Though Amash has been notably reserved about his Palestinian roots, he hasn’t shied away from the subject on social media. In a Facebook post following his decision to vote in favor of HR 4133 United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012, Amash cited his background in discussing his approach to the legislation, writing:

“My father is Palestinian and my mother is Syrian. Israel is far from perfect. Some of its policies and actions violate deeply held American principles of liberty and justice.( BULL YOU HAMAS ARAB! =LA. Yeah, Obama said he was "Christian" too)

Offline LegalAmerican

Palestine Arab. muslim! Guess how he was raised by his parents?  HAMAS.  MICHIGAN.  NOT BUYING IT.  Remember they are encouraged to lie to further their agenda.  He LIES about Israel. 
------------------------------------------

JUSTIN AMASH
Congressman, United States
When one thinks of Congressman Justin Amash, one is inclined to think of his commitment to individual liberty, limited government and transparency between him and his constituents.

What one would likely fail to think of, however, is his Palestinian heritage.

A 34-year-old Republican representative for Michigan’s 3rd congressional district and Chairman of the House Liberty Caucus, Amash is the first American of Palestinian ancestry to serve in the United States Congress. Born to a Syrian-Greek Orthodox mother and a Palestinian-Christian father, Amash was raised in Kentwood, Michigan along with two brothers. Amash’s father, Attallah, emigrated to the United States at the age of 17 from Bethlehem, Palestine in 1956. Prior to this, Attallah and his family had been living in refugee camps after being expelled from their family home following the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948, or what Palestinians call the Nakba. Despite his humble beginnings, Attallah went on to start his own business, founding Amash Imports Inc. in 1960.
Before pursuing a career in the political arena, Amash attained a bachelors degree in economics at the University of Michigan and continued his higher education by earning his Juris Doctorate at the University of Michigan Law School in 2005. After working as a corporate attorney and taking part in the family business for a few years, Amash decided to run for the Michigan House of Representatives in 2008.

Though Amash has been notably reserved about his Palestinian roots, he hasn’t shied away from the subject on social media. In a Facebook post following his decision to vote in favor of HR 4133 United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012, Amash cited his background in discussing his approach to the legislation, writing:

“My father is Palestinian and my mother is Syrian. Israel is far from perfect. Some of its policies and actions violate deeply held American principles of liberty and justice.( BULL YOU HAMAS ARAB! =LA. Yeah, Obama said he was "Christian" too)

But Israel is our closest friend in a very troubled region. Our national defense benefits from Israel’s ability to defend itself and to serve as a check against neighboring authoritarian regimes and extremists. Assisting with training and the development of Israel’s military capacity allows the U.S. to take a less interventionist role in the region. I am hopeful that American troops soon can leave the region and Israel and its neighbors can live in peace without U.S. aid or involvement.”
When it comes to his own views on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, however, his stance mirrors that of most of his peers on Capitol Hill —support for an independent state of Israel alongside an independent state of Palestine upon mutually accepted borders.
“All parties benefit from an end to the Arab-Israeli conflict,”Amash wrote on his website. “I share former President George W. Bush’s vision of two independent states, Israel and Palestine—two peoples, living side by side in peace and security. Israel’s borders must be secure, recognized, and defensible, and it must be free to respond to hostilities that threaten its people. A future state of Palestine must be viable, contiguous, sovereign, and independent. The use of incitement, violence, unnecessary force, or terror to achieve political goals must be abandoned.”
Aside from being the first Palestinian on Capitol Hill, what distinguishes the young Congressman from Michigan is his reputation for engaging with his constituents online. With a Twitter following of more than 50,000 and a Facebook following of more than 90,000, Amash has been known to update his followers about his latest voting decisions through social media. In 2010, at the age of 30, Amash was the youngest candidate named one of Time Magazine’s “40 under 40 — Rising Stars of U.S. Politics.” He is currently running for re-election in the November 2014 midterm elections.
Twitter: @repjustinamash
IMDB: http://amash.house.gov/

Offline LegalAmerican

He blames Israel.  IT IS BACKWARDS!   Palestine=HAMAS=ISLAMISTS.

His parents;  Parents: Attallah Amash, Mimi Amash

Who is named?  ATTALLAH?   

Online corbe

I'm coming after your President @LegalAmerican (as a libertarian).

Online mountaineer

Where's the evidence he's Muslim?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LegalAmerican

CORRECT.  ATTALLAH AMASH.  BORN IN PALESTINE.  RINO. 

His parents;  Parents: Attallah Amash, Mimi Amash

Who is named?  ATTALLAH?