Author Topic: Political Correctness Is Destroying Philadelphia  (Read 294 times)

rangerrebew

Political Correctness Is Destroying Philadelphia
« on: May 15, 2019, 01:46:56 pm »
Political Correctness Is Destroying Philadelphia

Dennis Prager  May 14, 2019

When most Americans think of Philadelphia—although probably fewer today than ever before, given the low level of history education in American schools—they probably think of the founding of the United States, the Liberty Bell, and the city’s nickname, the City of Brotherly Love.

Having been to Philadelphia at least 20 times, I am among the many Americans who have warm feelings toward America’s founding city. My daily radio show has a large and enthusiastic listener base there, and I have a son who lives nearby.

So, it is with no joy that I write about the transformation of Philadelphia into something far removed from the principles of the country it helped birth. Philadelphia’s leading institutions—such as the University of Pennsylvania, the Philadelphia Orchestra, and the Philadelphia Flyers—provide depressing evidence.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/05/14/political-correctness-is-destroying-philadelphia/
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 01:47:58 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Political Correctness Is Destroying Philadelphia
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 02:55:00 pm »
"Will Philadelphia next remove the Liberty Bell? After all, it was commissioned by slave owners and inscribed with a verse from the Bible."

I give it about three years.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn