Author Topic: The Blue-Collar Jobs Boom Nobody Seems To Notice (Because It’s Happening Under Trump).. John Merlin  (Read 390 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The Blue-Collar Jobs Boom Nobody Seems To Notice (Because It’s Happening Under Trump)
John Merline   economy, Election 2020   May 13, 2019   3 Minutes   

Joe Biden, who is currently leading in the polls against the horde of other Democratic presidential hopefuls, believes he can win back the working-class voters who defected to Donald Trump last election and thereby win the presidency. So Biden is trying to convince these voters that Trump was making a lot of empty promises.

“The stock market is roaring. But you don’t feel it,” he said at a rally. “There are — $2 trillion tax cut last year. Did you feel it? Did you get anything from it? Of course not. Of course not.”

Actually, they did get something out of it. A lot, as it turns out.

Not that you’d know it from the way the economy has been covered — or, more appropriately, covered up — by the mainstream press during the Trump administration. They take their cues from Democrats like Biden or Bernie Sanders, who say Trump’s promise to the working class as “a fraud.”

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2019/05/13/blue-collar-jobs-trump-economy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

The Wall Street Journal recently reported that the labor market is so tight that manufacturers are now “shift scheduling, investing in amenities for workers or offering more flex time, companies believe that treating blue-collar workers more like white-collar counterparts may convince them to sign on or stick around.”

I think that's part of it.  I also think the huge price tag for a college degree is a key contributor to an upswing in blue collar workers.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I am willing to bet the blue collar workers who vote notice this quite well.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington