Author Topic: Colorado Students Flip The Script As They Refuse To Be Used As Pawns In Gun Control Debate.  (Read 662 times)

rangerrebew

Colorado Students Flip The Script As They Refuse To Be Used As Pawns In Gun Control Debate.
Posted on May 9, 2019 by DCWhispers   

It was a remarkably powerful moment that emerged from terrible tragedy as STEM School Highlands Ranch students got up and walked out of a vigil held for victims of this week’s school shooting when the event turned political.

Via The Washington Examiner:

A vigil for the victims of the STEM School Highlands Ranch shooting in Colorado that was organized by Team ENOUGH, part of the gun control group Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, prompted a walkout by students opposing what they viewed as politicization of the tragedy.

2020 presidential candidate Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colo., Rep. Jason Crow, D-Colo., and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America activists made remarks that prompted some students to leave. Students then held their own vigil outside and chanted “mental health” in response to the calls for more gun control.

Read more at http://dcwhispers.com/colorado-students-flip-the-script-as-they-refuse-to-be-used-as-pawns-in-gun-control-debate/#ee74PYutOMQXTWPc.99

Offline MajorClay

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Love it
Me, too. There is hope for the future with youngsters like this out there. They specifically objected to the use of the incident to push for more gun control by politicians.

But these are STEM students, likely far better grounded in a factual worldview than those who are not pursuing science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (all fields where it is acknowledged that a world of wishing in one hand won't change what is deposited in the other).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I am glad that some of them "get it"

As students they re stuck with the mentally "off" students, and have no say.

I feel that government, education, law enforcement are "mainstreaming the mentlly ill, the drug addicted homeless, if we like it or not.

Supposedly these kids knew the murderous pair were mental cases and druggies too..

Poop on San Francisco streets, kids killing kids.

And clueless big, rich government. Maybe the school ccounselors, psychologgists can get the kids some more meds.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:26:01 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

I am glad that some of them "get it"

As students they re stuck with the mentally "off" students, and have no say.

I feel that government, education, law enforcement are "mainstreaming the mentlly ill, the drug addicted homeless, if we like it or not.

Supposedly these kids knew the murderous pair were mental cases and druggies too..

Poop on San Francisco streets, kids killing kids.

And clueless big, rich government. Maybe the school ccounselors, psychologgists can get the kids some more meds.
When the mentally ill were de-institutionalized (during the Reagan Administration, IIRC) and with 'no child left behind', not to mention the de-listing of gender issues as a mental disorder and subsequent alphabet 'rights' jihad, kids today are virtually guaranteed being in proximity to the mentally ill (by 1970s standards) among the student body, not to mention the faculty and staff.

What could possibly go wrong?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The kids are alright..." (maybe there's some hope after all)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
When the mentally ill were de-institutionalized (during the Reagan Administration, IIRC) and with 'no child left behind', not to mention the de-listing of gender issues as a mental disorder and subsequent alphabet 'rights' jihad, kids today are virtually guaranteed being in proximity to the mentally ill (by 1970s standards) among the student body, not to mention the faculty and staff.

What could possibly go wrong?
Reagan signed the budget written by the democrat controlled congress which eliminated federal grants, but the real start of the de-institutionalizing of mental patients started with the ACLU class action suit in 72. I don't recall if there other items in the budget that Reagan deemed to important to risk a veto and fight with the dem controlled congress, but he is the one that gets the blame for metal patients dumped on the streets, something the communists at the AClU and democrats are responsible for.

Offline Smokin Joe

Reagan signed the budget written by the democrat controlled congress which eliminated federal grants, but the real start of the de-institutionalizing of mental patients started with the ACLU class action suit in 72. I don't recall if there other items in the budget that Reagan deemed to important to risk a veto and fight with the dem controlled congress, but he is the one that gets the blame for metal patients dumped on the streets, something the communists at the AClU and democrats are responsible for.
Yep. I didn't say it was his idea, just noted much of it happened during his watch. The budget cuts really started the ball rolling, despite the suit.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yep. I didn't say it was his idea, just noted much of it happened during his watch. The budget cuts really started the ball rolling, despite the suit.
I don't recall where I read it, and could be completely wrong(what else is new) but I thought I read that part of the reason for Reagan signing the budget with the cuts was Congress promising to come up with a new funding bill. If true it wouldn't be the first time Reagan was burned by Congressional lies.

Offline Smokin Joe

I don't recall where I read it, and could be completely wrong(what else is new) but I thought I read that part of the reason for Reagan signing the budget with the cuts was Congress promising to come up with a new funding bill. If true it wouldn't be the first time Reagan was burned by Congressional lies.
Could be. Back then, the Democrats actually followed through on their promises from time to time. Nowadays, they've been overrun by the Communists of The New Left (which happened in the '60s and '70s), and they are incontinent liars.

C S Lewis