Author Topic: Warren Has Proposed or Backed Plans Totaling Estimated $129 Trillion in Government Spending  (Read 363 times)

rangerrebew

Warren Has Proposed or Backed Plans Totaling Estimated $129 Trillion in Government Spending
Posted By David Rutz On May 9, 2019 @ 5:00 am

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) has backed or proposed plans during her 2020 presidential campaign that total up to $129 trillion in spending over the next 10 years, a Washington Free Beacon analysis shows.

Along with backing the Green New Deal ($94 trillion) and Medicare for All ($32.6 trillion), which total an estimated $126.6 trillion in estimated government spending over the next decade according to various studies, three of Warren's major proposals alone cost $2.365 trillion: opioids ($100 billion), canceling student debt and offering free public college ($1.25 to $1.565 trillion), and universal child care ($700 billion).

Warren has won praise on the left for saying she has "got a plan" for various issues, and she has proposed an "ultra-millionaire," 2 percent tax on Americans worth $50 million or more—it rises to 3 percent on Americans worth at least $1 billion—to pay for many of her projects, claiming it will raise about $2.75 trillion over the next decade.

URL to article: https://freebeacon.com/politics/warren-has-proposed-or-backed-plans-totaling-estimated-129-trillion-in-government-spending/

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Spending $136 trillion and funding it with $2. trillion, just like a Democommie.  How long would it take for this country to go down the drain with a knucklehead liar like Warren at the helm?  DAYS!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The democommies talk of trillions as they used to talk about billions not that long ago. Their ignorant supporters are too ignorant to know there isn't enough money to take from the people so they can get "free" stuff.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline LMAO

Well it seems that some if you don’t understand that you “just pay for it”

Warren is not the first and only politician to make Wild promises and certainly won’t be the last. I just wish someone would run for office that would be very frank with the public about where we are fiscally
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:46:38 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online andy58-in-nh

Given that the total net worth of the United States is just over $100 trillion, such levels of government spending would require truly massive tax increases, outright wealth confiscation and the acquiescence of a heavily-armed adult population.

Let's see how that works. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Given that the total net worth of the United States is just over $100 trillion, such levels of government spending would require truly massive tax increases, outright wealth confiscation and the acquiescence of a heavily-armed adult population.

Let's see how that works.
The time honored way out of debt is to spend the money and then inflate the currency. That way the pre-inflation money buys more than the worthless scrip that is paid back, and the numbers work out. The problem is that the million today which will buy what 300 K would not so long ago, won't be worth the paper it isn't printed on.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online andy58-in-nh

The time honored way out of debt is to spend the money and then inflate the currency. That way the pre-inflation money buys more than the worthless scrip that is paid back, and the numbers work out. The problem is that the million today which will buy what 300 K would not so long ago, won't be worth the paper it isn't printed on.

And then we are Venezuela...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And then we are Venezuela...
Look at the value of a dollar. From 1.3 ounces of silver (1964, pocket change), to 0.067 ounces today. So the dollar of today, by that metric is worth about 1/20th of what it was in 1964.

Test that. For 20K in 1964 you could buy a nice house. $400K is about right now. For $1500, a nice new car in '64, now $30K.

Seems to work reasonably well for such things, despite the argument that technology has made some things cheaper or you can get things that were unavailable in '64.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
This is where the Republicans are dropping the ball, big time.  They are the party of fiscal responsibility, or they were, and now they are spending worse than the Democommies.

THE TIME HAS COME FOR AN AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION REQUIRING CONGRESS TO BALANCE THE BUDGET EVERY YEAR, WITH ONLY ONE EXCEPTION, DURING YEARS WHERE CONGRESS HAS DECLARED WAR.

Failure to do this is guaranteeing disaster down the road.