Author Topic: Howard Stern Reveals Cancer Scare, Trump Regrets and Details of a Dishy New Book  (Read 604 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/howard-stern-reveals-cancer-scare-trump-regrets-details-a-dishy-new-book-1208773

by Lacey Rose
May 8, 2019

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017, for the first time in memory, Howard Stern abruptly canceled that day's show. His listeners, a famously loyal subset of SiriusXM's 36 million subscribers who've made Stern a part of their lives since he rose to prominence in the '80s as radio's boundary-pushing "shock jock," were understandably alarmed. Reddit lit up with crackpot theories, and a handful of dogged reporters tracked down the host's elderly parents to check up on him.

By Monday, the self-described king of all media was back on the air, poking fun at the hullaballoo, as many hoped he would. It was just the flu, he told his audience: "Why is it such a big deal that I took a bleep day off?"

Turns out, he was lying through his teeth.

On the morning in question, Stern wasn't home with a fever or runny nose; he was being carted into surgery. For the better part of the previous year, he'd been shuttling between appointments as doctors monitored a low white blood cell count revealed during a routine checkup and, later, discovered a growth on his kidney. The chance that it was cancerous: 90 percent.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Stern sucks. Stopped listening decades ago.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Stern sucks. Stopped listening decades ago.
I never cared for the guy. I just find it amusing that he's only now coming to the realization of what his show actually was.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I never cared for the guy. I just find it amusing that he's only now coming to the realization of what his show actually was.

There was a time it was funny, if vulgar. And it was different. Stern married Barf Ostrosky and became of Hollywood clone and boring.