Author Topic: Outrage as US far-right author calls for Palestine to be 'flattened'  (Read 2110 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I've never seen or heard the slightest thing about this person.  She's no Ann Coulter.

Outrage as US far-right author calls for Palestine to be 'flattened'

Janie Johnson wants Palestine to be 'flattened' [Twitter]
Date of publication: 7 May, 2019

A far-right American author has called for Palestine to be flattened, after a pre-Ramadan flare up left scores of Palestinians, including a baby, dead.

Janie Johnson, writer and commentator in a tweet advocated the destruction of Palestine, suggesting no one would miss it, responding to a tweet by an Israeli journalist describing fear felt by Israelis after a flare-up of violence between his country and Hamas over the weekend.

“Can we flatten Palestine already? Who would miss it?” she tweeted.

Read more at: https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2019/5/7/us-far-right-author-calls-for-palestine-to-be-flattened

Her twitter: https://twitter.com/jjauthor

Features picture with Sean Hannity, ruh-roh.

Hey, let's keep conversation respectful, honest too. Just saying. I know a lot of folks might think like she did, at least, in a rash manner of speaking... but, she probably needs to be a bit careful in what she says.  What if Sean said this?

Lastly, there is no screen shot of this tweet. Did she really say this? I will look for more.

Okay, here is that tweet linked to the article:

https://twitter.com/jjauthor/status/1125232025965740032

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:32:27 am by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Not that it matters, but I've never heard of her.

Offline dfwgator

How can you destroy something that doesn’t exist?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Maybe I've seen her on fox and didn't know her name. Still, she doesn't seem to be a big hitter but? 208 K twitter followers fwiw.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How can you destroy something that doesn’t exist?

Bomb the ever loving shit out of it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's a tweet showing no depth of understanding  ---  the battle cry of the babbler.

Too bad she's thought of as conservative.

Offline dfwgator

Bomb the ever loving shit out of it.

Fine, but just don't call it "Palestine".

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Neverland has a nice ring to it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

The area has been "Palestine" for centuries.  For starters, check the language in the Zionist Manifesto and the Balfour Declaration.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The area has been "Palestine" for centuries.  For starters, check the language in the Zionist Manifesto and the Balfour Declaration.
Correct, the region has been called "Palestine" for a long time, but like the "Midwest", it isn't a country, it is an area, not always necessarily well defined, and without a specific government, coinage, or language of its own.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Re: Outrage as US far-right author calls for Palestine to be 'flattened'
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 11:12:15 am »
Correct, the region has been called "Palestine" for a long time, but like the "Midwest", it isn't a country, it is an area, not always necessarily well defined, and without a specific government, coinage, or language of its own.

Oh, stop.  Palestine existed for centuries and the indigenous people were called Palestinians.

But now it doesn't exist.   :laugh:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 11:52:14 am »
Lived in Israel for a few years. Speak and read Hebrew.
I was so pissed at the Israelis back then 2000.
They wouldn't defend themselves, bombs were blowing up daily.
The Israeli government at that time called the dead "sacrifices for peace".
It was disgusting. I wanted to kill all those primitive monkey apes.
But then at that time Israel was so incredibly Jewish Liberal, they were willing to die rather than fight back.
The Israelis really did think that they could incorporate the bloody murderous Mecca Worshippers living in the sixth century into a normal modern society.
I couldn't stay there. Could not be a part of a country which would not defend itself.
I would have killed all those sons of bitches, that is why I had to leave.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 12:38:27 pm »
Oh, stop.  Palestine existed for centuries and the indigenous people were called Palestinians.

The joke's on you.

Asia existed for centuries and the people were called Asians.

That doesn't make Asia a country, nor was Palestine.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2019, 12:43:42 pm »
The joke's on you.

Asia existed for centuries and the people were called Asians.

That doesn't make Asia a country, nor was Palestine.

Then why did Israel promise "right of return"?   :pondering:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 12:54:51 pm »
Then why did Israel promise "right of return"?   :pondering:
You can promise people from a region that they can go back, without ever calling the area a country. Asians can go home, too.

C S Lewis

Offline Absalom

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 05:12:55 pm »
Palestine was a province in the Levant, governed by the
Roman Empire during the time of Christ.
Then around the 6th century it became part of Byzantium.
The Arabs/Muslims had nothing to do w/its creation. NOTHING

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 10:29:52 pm »
Lived in Israel for a few years. Speak and read Hebrew.
I was so pissed at the Israelis back then 2000.
They wouldn't defend themselves, bombs were blowing up daily.
The Israeli government at that time called the dead "sacrifices for peace".
It was disgusting. I wanted to kill all those primitive monkey apes.
But then at that time Israel was so incredibly Jewish Liberal, they were willing to die rather than fight back.
The Israelis really did think that they could incorporate the bloody murderous Mecca Worshippers living in the sixth century into a normal modern society.
I couldn't stay there. Could not be a part of a country which would not defend itself.
I would have killed all those sons of bitches, that is why I had to leave.
I guess the Israelis knew walls didn't work.....oh, wait.
Seriously, for many years after reading about countless homicidal episodes of crazed Muslims crossing the border and murdering Israelis, I wondered why Israel didn't put up a big fence/wall.
They finally got around to it, and the numerous examples every year of slaughter by jihadis pretty much ceased.
A few sneak through every now and then, but it's nothing like what it used to be.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 10:34:29 pm »
Palestine was a province in the Levant, governed by the
Roman Empire during the time of Christ.
Then around the 6th century it became part of Byzantium.
The Arabs/Muslims had nothing to do w/its creation. NOTHING
I remember reading Mark Twain's "Innocents Abroad" and his remarks about Palestine. He considered it mostly a barren wasteland.
The Israelis made the country what it is today..a modern state that has contributed much to the world. Left to the Muslims the area would undoubtedly still be a barren wasteland.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 10:43:04 pm »

It doesn’t. They gave that up, after losing three times in 1948, ‘67, and ‘73. Plus, the Hamas charter still calls for the destruction of Israel. F them.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 10:57:49 pm »
Big deal. An Arab newspaper is outraged that someone nobody's ever heard of said something they didn't like. She "called for" Palestine to be flattened. Does she have any power to make that happen? Okay, so chill out.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 12:20:33 am »
Big deal. An Arab newspaper is outraged that someone nobody's ever heard of said something they didn't like. She "called for" Palestine to be flattened. Does she have any power to make that happen? Okay, so chill out.
Considering "Death to the infidels" doesn't even hit the radar unless accompanied by something/one blowing up or some other form of slaughter, let 'em stfu.
BTW, how did this woman end up on the "far right"?

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 12:29:39 am »
Ask the Scythians.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2019, 07:28:11 pm »
I remember reading Mark Twain's "Innocents Abroad" and his remarks about Palestine. He considered it mostly a barren wasteland.
The Israelis made the country what it is today..a modern state that has contributed much to the world. Left to the Muslims the area would undoubtedly still be a barren wasteland.

@goatpraire

If it wasn't for oil Africa would have to be sending food to Muslim countries to keep them from starving.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2019, 09:08:53 pm »
When I think of Israel and Palestine, the expression "possession is 9/10th of the law comes to mind."

The Balfour Declaration is one of a number of British/European declarations regarding other territories of the world that so frequently did not take into consideration the mindset of the then occupants.  It set the groundwork for a jewish state, but all that transpired evolved to the armed conflict that continues today.

In my humble opinion, there will never be a peaceful agreement between the Jews and the Palestinians.  NEVER!

On a Fox program one night, they had two retired USA colonels on with I believe Bill O'Reilly, and they were asked, what will it take to have peace in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict?  Both colonels looked at each other, and it was like stereo, they said 'one side has to vanquish the other'.

So, when the Palestinians shoot thousands of rockets off at Israel, I consider that a declaration of war, and in my mindset, gives license to Israel to do as this no name said, flatten Palestine.  I say the Israelis should vanquish all of Palestine.  Eventually, Israel will move from the current life for a life stance to that of vanquishing the enemy, a bunch of crazed murderous mussies.  Hamas  continues to this day to promote the notion of complete annihilation of the Jews, so why yield an inch to them.  Vanquish the murderous b*st*rds!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2019, 09:43:10 pm »

So, when the Palestinians shoot thousands of rockets off at Israel, I consider that a declaration of war, and in my mindset, gives license to Israel to do as this no name said, flatten Palestine.   

@jafo2010

NO ONE needs a license to defend themselves from attack,or to respond to an attack in kind. Self-preservation/self-defense is the most basic of all human instincts. It is not only a natural right,it is a natural DEMAND. Without this ingrained instinct,humanity would have disappeared thousands of years ago.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!