Author Topic: Kamala Harris: Voter suppression stole the Florida and Georgia gubernatorial elections  (Read 352 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kamala Harris: Voter suppression stole the Florida and Georgia gubernatorial elections
by Julio Rosas
 | May 06, 2019 11:18 AM

Presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., said if it were not for "voter suppression" in Georgia and Florida during the 2018 midterms, candidates Stacey Abrams and Andrew Gillum would be the governors today.

"Let's say this loud and clear: Without voter suppression, Stacey Abrams would be the governor of Georgia. Andrew Gillum is the governor of Florida," Harris said during the Detroit NAACP's 64th annual Fight for Freedom Fund dinner. "So the truth is we need a new Voting Rights Act."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/kamala-harris-voter-suppression-stole-the-florida-and-georgia-gubernatorial-elections
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Kamala Harris may be a not-ready-for-primetime intellectual lightweight but the kind of crap she and  the rest of this latest gang of rat politicians are spewing have the effect of a fertilizer bomb on our system.

Unfortunately there is no longer anyone of the stature of a Daniel Moynahan or Hubert Humphrey around to stand up for our traditional form of government & tell them to shut the hell up.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Could someone please explain to me what is meant, specifically, when the Dems whine about "voter suppression"?    Is this just code for requiring an ID to vote?   

To me, "voter suppression" exists when no effort is made to combat voter fraud.  Every fraudulent vote suppresses the vote of a legitimate voter.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Old round heels is feeling irrelevant.  Just talking crap. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

"So the truth is we need a new Voting Rights Act."

Does Harris even know that the 'old' Voting Rights Act was written by a Republican?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Could someone please explain to me what is meant, specifically, when the Dems whine about "voter suppression"?    Is this just code for requiring an ID to vote?   

To me, "voter suppression" exists when no effort is made to combat voter fraud.  Every fraudulent vote suppresses the vote of a legitimate voter.
A very good point indeed.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Harris is pretty close to being toast. She's now trailing Warren despite her huge advantage in home state support. But as long as she doesn't completely implode she's got the inside track for VP, and that could work to her advantage in the long run - even she might be bright enough to figure that out...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Hoodat

Harris is pretty close to being toast. She's now trailing Warren despite her huge advantage in home state support.

Don't count her out yet.  I still think she will be the Dem nominee.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Wasn't minority turnout the highest ever? :shrug:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline dfwgator

This all reminds me of a classic SNL skit with Buck Henry as a talk show host who couldn't get anyone to call in,  so he keeps saying more and more outrageous things like "Hitler.  Boy could we use him now!"